Retail And Business > Retail and Vendors

Don't opt for Store Pick-up from Wal-Mart

<< < (4/5) > >>

projo198:

--- Quote from: Chip Hazard on April 03, 2012, 05:37:30 PM ---I've seen people in Walmart open food and eat it while they are 'shopping' as if everything is there for them to take free of charge as they please. 
--- End quote ---

I do this occasionally, the kids do it quite a bit. But we keep the package and pay for it after were done shopping. Ya, it's ghetto I guess lol..

Carl in CT:

--- Quote from: projo198 on May 03, 2012, 09:50:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: Chip Hazard on April 03, 2012, 05:37:30 PM ---I've seen people in Walmart open food and eat it while they are 'shopping' as if everything is there for them to take free of charge as they please. 
--- End quote ---

I do this occasionally, the kids do it quite a bit. But we keep the package and pay for it after were done shopping. Ya, it's ghetto I guess lol..

--- End quote ---

As long as you make sure to pay for it I don't see a huge problem. When our kids were little it was a great way to keep them quiet and happy while in the store. My kids are well behaved but they still could get fidgety at times and handing them a snack made life a little easier on all of us. We always paid for it though, that's the main thing.

M@D H@TTER:

--- Quote from: Old Outlaw on April 05, 2012, 07:36:51 PM ---Well, I see no difference in a number of our Target stores here either. None in the large Super Markets. It's the people who are using the stores that abuse them. It sure as heck is not just Walmart.

--- End quote ---

I worked at a grocery store for a number of years and have seen almost everything people are complaining about there as well.  I also worked at Walmart for two months when I was hardup.  Walmart is just a giant grocery store....you get lots of people coming in and out....and sooner or later, they're going to get LOTS of inconsiderate people putting all sorts of stuff where it doesn't belong or popping open packages to do whatever the hell it is that people do with things like that.  It's hardly Walmarts fault....they're just a larger beacon for that kind of behavior due to their high traffic of customers.

The Walmart near me does MILLIONS of dollars in sales every week...and almost twice that on weekends.  In comparison, the grocery store I worked at before was lucky to pull $30k a day.  Consider the customer traffic difference and it will become obvious why there is ALWAYS so much out of place stuff EVERYWHERE in Walmart stores.

Chip Hazard:

--- Quote from: Carl in CT on May 03, 2012, 10:15:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: projo198 on May 03, 2012, 09:50:37 AM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

As long as you make sure to pay for it I don't see a huge problem. When our kids were little it was a great way to keep them quiet and happy while in the store. My kids are well behaved but they still could get fidgety at times and handing them a snack made life a little easier on all of us. We always paid for it though, that's the main thing.

--- End quote ---
I dunno...  I guess it's just me.  I don't consider anything mine until I pay for it.

Carl in CT:
I agree with you Chip and I didn't do it often. Usually we had little snacks we brought from home if we were going to be out with the kids for long but every once in a while we found ourselves out with no snacks and kids getting antsy. I don't give my kids their way all the time, in fact I am a bit of a disciplinarian but when they were really little and I was the one who was unprepared with no snacks I saw no reason to make the kids suffer, not to mention other customers or Wal-Mart staff if my kids got cranky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version