Author Topic: Do The Standard Norinco Parts Interchange With The MC-5D?  (Read 1225 times)

ZakBradshaw

• SKS Expert
Do The Standard Norinco Parts Interchange With The MC-5D?
« on: April 19, 2012, 12:36:42 AM »
I just bought an SKS Norinco MC-5D today and it's missing alot of parts.  I've had a few SKS's and other than the magwell, trigger group, and stock, it appears to be just a standard SKS.  I need to know if the following parts will interchange with the standard Norinco SKS or any other variations. 

Bolt Carrier
Bolt
Recoil Spring
Rear Leaf Sight
Front Sight Drum
Front Sight Post
Gas Tube (Mine appears to be the standard long version)
Gas Pison
Gas Piston Spring

I think that's all I need.  Thanks for any help in advance.  Zak.

Lafayettegregory

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
Re: Do The Standard Norinco Parts Interchange With The MC-5D?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:39:09 AM »
I just bought an SKS Norinco MC-5D today and it's missing alot of parts.  I've had a few SKS's and other than the magwell, trigger group, and stock, it appears to be just a standard SKS.  I need to know if the following parts will interchange with the standard Norinco SKS or any other variations. 

Bolt Carrier --- Yes
Bolt- Yes. BUT you will need to do the modification so the bolt does not drag on the magazine
Recoil Spring-yes
Rear Leaf Sight- yes
Front Sight Drum yes
Front Sight Post yes
Gas Tube (Mine appears to be the standard long version) yes
Gas Pison yes
Gas Piston Spring yes

I think that's all I need.  Thanks for any help in advance.  Zak.

ZakBradshaw

• SKS Expert
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 01:15:20 PM »
That's great!  Yeah, I read about the bolt modification! 

Can you believe I only gave $50 for the rifle?  It has all the other parts besides the ones listed above.  When the guy pulled it out and I realized it was an M, I was about to go nuts!

Lafayettegregory

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »

Can you believe I only gave $50 for the rifle?  It has all the other parts besides the ones listed above.  When the guy pulled it out and I realized it was an M, I was about to go nuts!
I have seen a few of those come up for sale over the years. Usually in police auctions or in sales of confiscated items.  They are always a good deal. Sometimes they come without the trigger group. You did GREAT getting the trtigger group. That is the part you would never find a repalacement for.

ZakBradshaw

• SKS Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 06:11:38 PM »
Yeah.  I actually work at Cheaper Than Dirt and have been going to gun shows for a few years and I've only ever seen a couple of these in my area.  I couldn't believe it when he turned it over and it was an M.

jpeppers

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 06:18:04 PM »

I have seen a few of those come up for sale over the years. Usually in police auctions or in sales of confiscated items.  They are always a good deal. Sometimes they come without the trigger group. You did GREAT getting the trtigger group. That is the part you would never find a repalacement for.

Isn't the trigger group pretty easy to modify? I recall that some of the M variants even used the standard mag release rather than adding the AK style one.

Lafayettegregory

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 04:41:05 PM »

Isn't the trigger group pretty easy to modify? I recall that some of the M variants even used the standard mag release rather than adding the AK style one.
Wrong, it would be very difficult to modify.   The ones with the small release still have the extended trigger group and the ak style latch. Converting a standard TG would require some very tricky welding and some ak parts. Can it be done- Most anything can be done with enough talent, money and time.

ZakBradshaw

• SKS Expert
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 08:11:06 PM »
So I've just about got all the parts ordered to get this thing shooting.  Here's what I've got ordered...

-Bolt Carrier, Bolt, and Recoil Spring on EBay for $30 Plus Shipping
-Front Sight Drum on SKSMan.com for $5 Plus Shipping
-Front Sight Post on SKSMan.com for $5 Plus Shipping
-Gas Tube (Finned w/Rail, Will Try To Remove Rail) on EBay for $20 Plus Shipping
-Gas Pison on SKSMan.com for $15 Plus Shipping
-Piston Extension on SKSMan.com for $7 Plus Shipping
-Piston Extension Spring on SKSMan.com for $7 Plus Shipping
-Dust Cover on EBay for $17 Plus Shipping

As of right now all i have in this gun is $146 i believe.  All I'm missing now is the rear sight assembly and spring.  I'm holding off on buying it though because I'm debating on putting one of the good rear sight base rail mounts on it with a good red dot.  Typically I wouldn't do this.  All my guns are wood stocked with iron sights, but figured since this is a hodge podge of random parts, no numbers matching, and the finish on the metal will all be different, I'm going to do a fully customized gun. Thinking the military style synthetic Ramline stock (non-monte carlo), the red dot, and doing the Russian Special Forces Duracoat camo.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:27:19 PM by ZakBradshaw »

Yugofan85

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 04:35:50 AM »
people right now are having a lot of problems with sksman shipping orders. There are rumors that he got really sick.

ZakBradshaw

• SKS Expert
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 06:13:15 AM »
Dang.  I hope that's not true...  If it is, I might have to order them from somewhere else.  Zak.

ZakBradshaw

• SKS Expert
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 06:26:35 AM »
Do you know if he is still processing orders at all or is it just really slow?

Yugofan85

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 02:40:57 PM »
from what i hear, people cant get their order at all. many calls and emails with no response

ZakBradshaw

• SKS Expert
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 03:09:22 PM »
Okay.  I went ahead and emailed him just in case to cancel my order, and I ordered the rest of the parts from some other companies.  I appreciate the heads up though.  Zak.

Yugofan85

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 02:57:55 AM »
no prob 8)