Author Topic: 80's burris 4x-12x AO mini scope questions  (Read 442 times)

xwarp

• SKS Expert
80's burris 4x-12x AO mini scope questions
« on: May 03, 2012, 09:57:52 PM »
go to leave work one morning and a coworker left a walmart bag with 3 scopes in it on the toolbox of my truck.

2 4x leapers mildot scopes, good enough 22's from what i've read so far.

the third is an 80's burris 4x-12x adjustable objective mini scope with high turrets.

this scope is pretty nice. 1/8th adjustments. clear. forever warranty. all for free.

the only rifle i'd use this scope on, as it's the only rifle i could really use this on is a m1a and i've read more opinions leaning towards irons being better on m1a's than scopes and my knowledge of m1a's is limited.

any thoughts?

any thoughts on the scope?
"i read stupid people. they post dumb things on the interweb and don't realize that they are idiots."

Onepoint

• Administrator
  • SKS Guru
  • نعم أنا كافرة, شكور ل يسأل!
    • Gary's Gun Shop LLC - Torrington WY
Re: 80's burris 4x-12x AO mini scope questions
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:41:25 PM »
Its a Burris, how can you go wrong?  It should be fine on the M1A, with a good mount it has the legs to use the 12x.
"War is not 'the best way of settling differences; it is the only way of preventing them being settled for you." - G.K.Chesterson /   "Reality is that which, when you refuse to believe, or stop believing in it, does not go away."

www.garysgunshopllc.com

skslouis

• SKS Marksman
Re: 80's burris 4x-12x AO mini scope questions
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 02:09:02 PM »
I use a burris fulfield e1 3x9 on my m1a...best scope ever with an etched reticule...all burris scopes are comparable to higher priced scopes for brightness...clarity and durability...
Destiny is for those who take action...fate will find the rest...