Author Topic: Bump Fire stocks  (Read 3781 times)

Xmilkk

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • NRA Life Member
Bump Fire stocks
« on: May 11, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »
I have seen these bump fire stocks pop up as of late, though I'm sure they have been around for some time. I had recently seen one offered for the SKS but required you to have the Tapco stock (AR style colapsing buttstock.) Has anyone tried any of these? Or are you considering it? Just kinda want to get a feel for how much this might catch on. Thanks.

Romanian1

• SKS Sniper
Re: Bump Fire stocks
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 09:06:11 AM »
I have one on my ak that i like allot. Is the model for the sks your refering to a bumpski? If not do you know who makes it? Sounds interesting to me.

Xmilkk

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 09:15:30 AM »
I wasn't for certain to even try one but the idea is intriguing considering they tried to make SKS's automatics but I don't think it ever worked out for them (thinking the Chinese maybe?) I'll post the link for the one I saw.http://www.gunsamerica.com/940128194/Guns/Rifles/SKS-Rifles/SKS_bump_fire_stock_system_in_kit_form.htm

Romanian1

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 12:54:20 PM »
It says cobra on the packaging, im not familiar with that brand. It is very interesting, i would think it work just fine. I wonder what may have caused the chineese or whomever else from building a full auto sks? I thought they just went the ak bc they re cheaper to buil and didnt feel they had reason to keep improving the siminov. I could easily be wrong actually thats reallu just an assumption on my part.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:20:55 PM by Romanian1 »

Xmilkk

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 05:24:07 PM »
I think that is exactly what happened. The AK was there and it became pointless. Now as to using this thing I think fixed mags vs. detachable, considering feeding reliability, could put a used one in your hands for cheap.

Romanian1

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:48:50 PM »
I use the tapco twenty rounders right now and they feed and work great. 20 rounds would go to fast on a bump fire tho. When the g7 adapters are available i think theyd match the bumpfire stock pretty well.

Xmilkk

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 10:26:44 PM »
Indeed the tapco 20 rounders fit nice and tight. Heck when they are empty they fit up real nice to just the bare receiver. I'm definitely gonna get more of those mags. I'm also gonna look around locally for another SKS to keep a stock looking one.

Mr Comrade

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Expert
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 11:01:57 PM »
A company called bumpski was going to make a bump fire stock for the SKS. Dont know if its out yet.
It's an SKS, it'll work long after you don't.

Romanian1

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 11:03:52 PM »
Yeah at first i thought this one musta been bumpski, im curious to see how theres turns out. It seems interesting with the different attachment to different rifle options.

Mr Comrade

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Expert
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 11:05:46 PM »
This one does not look worth it too. Rather just buy another gun for that price.
It's an SKS, it'll work long after you don't.

Xmilkk

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 11:15:09 PM »
Yowsa, yeah the price is crazy but that is approximately what an AR or AK bump fire stock form another company are going for. I probably won't get one but wondering if anyone here would.

Romanian1

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 11:20:35 PM »
Id have to say it depends on what your compareing the price to. Its much cheaper to have less than one thousand into a rifle with a bumfire stock than to pay ten thousand plus for a legal full auto rifle. But then again I Ideas certainly understand that a bumpfire stock isnt for everyone it is fairly difficult to be accurate at over twenty yards with one when in slideing mode.

LoneWolf57

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 12:38:43 AM »
I just don't see the advantage of having a bumpfire stock on an SKS
"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

Catmandoo

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
  • My dog Nit'Oshi, means bear cub in Chicasaw
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 06:17:07 PM »
I just don't see the advantage of having a bumpfire stock on an SKS

The ammo salesmen see the potential advantages !  :lol:
Be strong, and of a good courage, feare not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doeth goe with thee, he will not faile thee, nor forsake thee.
Deuteronomy 31:6

zoom6zoom

• SKS Gunsmith
  • Mornings Suck
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 08:28:26 PM »
You don't need a three hundred dollar stock to bump. Or a rubber band, for that matter.
Certified M16/AR15 /SIG Pistol Armorer
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer