Author Topic: Bump Fire stocks  (Read 3696 times)

Romanian1

• SKS Sniper
Re: Bump Fire stocks
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 11:26:42 PM »
I doubt id put a bumpfire stock on my sks. I really enjoy it on my ak tho. I particularly enjoy the ability to sholder my rifle while bump fireing.

Old Outlaw

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 12:33:23 AM »
I only know of one range with in 50+ miles of here that allows bump fire. That's an old berm on some state owned property.
Too many wild rounds get loose. If we were to bump fire or even have any gadgets to and some one sees it, it is a permanent ban from the range. Few Insurance companies will cover a range if any is allowed. It is basically an unsafe
method. And, if you ever have a bad round and get a squib, expect a large explosion in the face.

hairy123

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 11:44:13 AM »
i want one for my ar

zoom6zoom

• SKS Gunsmith
  • Mornings Suck
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 10:54:43 PM »
The range where we did this was an old quarry, the backstop was a 75' tall cliff of solid rock, and nothing beyond it for a mile. About the safest place you could ask for. Yeah, would be hesitant on a regular range.
Certified M16/AR15 /SIG Pistol Armorer
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hoosierquest

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6BFarrICWs

this guy makes it look pretty controlable, at least with a .223 rifle. 

Old Outlaw

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »
At perhaps 10 feet into water, then at what, 10 yards with the pop bottles. Not sure about that pop bottle trick.
His night tracers were going all over. Single shot to blow the shed, yea that was controlled.

Hoosierquest

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 04:33:12 PM »
I said controlled..He was able to single, burst and full auto, all while the rifle is shouldered. How is that out of control chaos like some of you guys make it out to be? 

Old Outlaw

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 05:03:04 PM »
Control of where the rounds go is what matters. You can get the rubber band type to do like him, or very close.
The reason ranges ban this stuff is the rounds are not fully controllable at all.

Lafayettegregory

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »
I do not know about bumpfiring. I do know it is niot the sam as a Full Auto weapon.
 I do know about Full auto fire. I have never been to a shoot where a fellow FA guy/gal could not control their weapon. This thing about not controling a full auto rifle is a myth.
 BUT---I am sure someone here can talk about someone who is missing a few nuts and bolts in the knoggin that has done something stupid. 

Old Outlaw

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2012, 05:29:47 PM »
FA in competent hands like your groups are different. Bump fire that I have seen done many times over the years sprayed rounds all over. Many over the back stop berms. Now, the state is considering just closing the last
unsupervised Public Range in this area because of this! If you ever see some guys use bump fire to totally empty
a  30 or 40 round magazine or worse, like a 75 round drum as fast as it will fire, you will quickly see the problems.
They just shoot to empty the weapon in minimum time. There is no regulated shoots, like I know you attend with a weapon designed for FA, for this bump firing. Not the same at all LG. It is actually hurting the shooting sports, giving it a bad name in some cases. Companies that insure Club Ranges are coming down hard on bump firing. Supervised FA shoots by people like you are not the problem.

Lafayettegregory

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 08:14:15 PM »
FA in competent hands like your groups are different. Bump fire that I have seen done many times over the years sprayed rounds all over. Many over the back stop berms. Now, the state is considering just closing the last
unsupervised Public Range in this area because of this! If you ever see some guys use bump fire to totally empty
a  30 or 40 round magazine or worse, like a 75 round drum as fast as it will fire, you will quickly see the problems.
They just shoot to empty the weapon in minimum time. There is no regulated shoots, like I know you attend with a weapon designed for FA, for this bump firing. Not the same at all LG. It is actually hurting the shooting sports, giving it a bad name in some cases. Companies that insure Club Ranges are coming down hard on bump firing. Supervised FA shoots by people like you are not the problem.
I agree 100%

Gillamax77

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 10:47:04 AM »
I have a customer, SlideFire Solutions, that makes the bump-fire stocks for the AR and AK platforms. after talking with the owner, Jeremiah, he does not think he will make a stock for the SKS. i have seen these stocks in action and let me tell you you can burn up some ammo. Accuracy wise, who cares. they are fun to shoot. still talking to him about doing a T6 style stock for the SKS, less engineering i would think but again the design does not lend itself to full auto to well.
Sir we are surrounded by the enemy. Yep, now we got 'em were we want 'em. Semper Fi

Chip Hazard

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 02:55:32 PM »
I'd have my reservations about any platform that was never designed to be used full auto.  The AR and AK are 'tamed down' in their civilian versions but they started life as select fire weapons.  The SKS has never been a full auto weapon (with the exception of some experimentation).   It very well could handle the stress and heat, but then again, it was designed to be a semi-auto firearm.
"Nothing is True... Everything is Permitted"

Xmilkk

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012, 07:23:07 PM »
Gillamax: Those SlideFire Solutions for AR and AK were the first I've seen and they seem to work well once a person is used to actuating the slide. If I had AR or AK right now I'd probably give one a whirl.

Chip Hazard: I mentioned the same thing in one of my earlier posts. Also I'd be concerned with feeding the thing. Need a 20 rd Chinese Star integrated mag or bigger detachable mag to have any real fun with it. If I were to do it, I'd be looking at a marcus adapter or 20 rd tapcos since they seem to have the tightest fit and operation.

Good stuff so far though, glad to see some honest opinions.

sksuperfly

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 09:32:39 PM »
I was talking with the father of one of my team shooters. He has an Ar that has a spring loaded attachment that flutters the trigger with the aid of the recoil. He said it was legal, and was "full auto"! Looked briefly online and some versions are hit or miss on reliability. But is alot cheaper than the bumpfire stocks.
Maker of custom Kydex holsters: www.wolfhollowtactical.com

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.
Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.