Author Topic: gwinn arms bushmaster armpistol  (Read 643 times)

confederatewarlord

• SKS Expert
gwinn arms bushmaster armpistol
« on: May 19, 2012, 03:20:18 PM »
definatly the oddest weapon i have. Got it yesterday. paid 800 for so i cant complain. Never even heard of one let alone saw one till the other day. Ive heard their were some reliabiltiy issues with them but im buying it more for the coolness factor than a self defence weapon. This one seems to be just fine. I put 3 mags of cheap pmc copper wash through it and it didnt miss a lick.  Plus the cheapest one ive found online is 1800 so i figured i couldnt go wrong. Very interesting design and story behind it. The grand daddy of the bushmaster company we know today.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/armpistol/variants.html

maloy

• Nothing suspicious here!
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
Re: gwinn arms bushmaster armpistol
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 05:06:15 PM »
 :sign5: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

That's a blast from the past (Pun intended). I had one of those when I was just out of high school back in 1982. I bought it used in a a local gunshop that is gone today for $220.

At the time I regretted the purchase as I started thinking, "What a waste of ammo!". It really doesn't have a use, but the muzzle blast and flame during twilight was impressive.

They probably are a collectors item today. I traded mine for a Mini-14.

Maloy
I can't go to hell, Satan still has a restraining order against me!

confederatewarlord

• SKS Expert
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 05:53:14 PM »
Well from what i can gather they were originally designed for chopper pilots in Nam so they could spray down the tree line when landing. The kernal who ordered them eventually got in trouble over it because they were viewed as useless. I dont see how it would be any more useless than a modern ar15 pistol though. A little less ergonomic but like i said its a rarity so i jumped on it.

Flowmaster

• SKS Sniper
    • thoughts on guns: my blog
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 09:52:42 AM »
For people that still want something of this design, Center Balanced Systems makes an arm pistol (basically a bulpup conversion kit) for the Draco AK-style pistol.

Its classified as a regular pistol by the BATFE, not a class 3.
Collector of inexpensive pocket pistols.