Author Topic: IS there a difference between a Norinco and a Norinco Poly??  (Read 3942 times)

Old Outlaw

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
Re: IS there a difference between a Norinco and a Norinco Poly??
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 09:22:49 PM »
It was gone and sold yesterday. Darn it.

Drago

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »
For $50 that doesn't surprise me. I passed one up for $125 several months ago cuz I think they are ugly as sin,  but I used to think that about the sks once. Live and learn
I've given up caring what people think and do anymore....

bobbers

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »
Yeah, I get the dumbass award for the week on that carbine.  I realized, way too late, that I blew it off because when he said Hi Point I was hearing High Standard instead...like I said, dumbass.  But hopefully he'll open his closet one of these days and other good things will flow.

Old Outlaw, you get first pick based on how I screwed this one up, ok?

firstchoiceak47

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 01:16:20 AM »
So, Polytech is an Importer? I thought they were a Chinese manufacturer? Plant 386 and all that? I'm confused, as always.

I found this on Wikipedia, and as we all know, the internet just doesn't lie. :roll:

The Poly Technologies (Chinese: 保利科技有限公司), a subsidiary of China Poly Group Corporation, is a defense manufacturing company with headquarters in Beijing, China. The company deals with missiles and other military products. The company was founded by the Chinese People's Liberation Army in order to provide competition to China North Industries Corporation (Norinco).

As a traditional pillar industry of Poly Group Corp., international trading business is mainly undertaken by Poly Technologies Inc., both the predecessor of the Poly Group and a backbone enterprise of the Group. Founded in 1984, it is mainly engaged in the import and export business of general merchandise, special equipment and technology. Poly has established business relations with hundreds of enterprises and governmental organizations of nearly 100 countries and regions, including many world famous multinational corporations such as Boeing of the United States, Bombardier Inc. of Canada, Chevron - Texaco of the United States, Benz of Germany, Ferrari of Italy, State Corporation 'Rosoboronexport' and Japanese Sagawa Logistic Co., Ltd. It has also established cooperative relations with domestic government departments and many noted companies.

For the past 20 years since its establishment, it has imported large quantities of advanced equipment and technology for the country and the army, and has exported a large amount of merchandise for civilian use, defense equipment, and logistics supplies. It has made contributions to developing the Chinese economy and modernization of defense, winning commendations from government and army leaders many times. The company accumulated trading volume exceeded tens of billions of US dollars, ranking 63 among the top 500 foreign trade enterprises in China, published by the Chinese Ministry of Commerce in year 2005.

firstchoiceak47
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:27:53 AM by firstchoiceak47 »

firstchoiceak47

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 07:20:22 AM »
  I copied this directly from the Poly Technologies website, if it helps any:

SKS 7.62 x39mm

Specifications for the SKS 7.62 x 39mm
Caliber:   7.62 X 39mm (Soviet)
Weight:   7.9 lbs. (Empty)
Barrel:   20 9/20 in. Chrome Lined Bore and Chamber. Cold Hammer forged.
Rifling:   Four lands and grooves. RH twist, one turn in 240mm/9.45 in.
Length:   Overall 40 7/20 in.
Reciever:   Stamped Receiver

Included in Factory Packing:                                Optional Accessories:
Brown box with foam insert                                 Quick Loading Device
(marked with serial number of rifle)                     Sight Adjusting Tools
3 30rd box magazines                                         (Windage and Elevation)
1 Bayonet with Scabbard                                     Blank Firing Device
1 Owner's manual                                               5-round, 20-round,         (Not sure if this was typo for the POLY SKS Rifles? (Box mags, Drums?)
1 Oil Bottle                                                         and 40-round Box Mags
1 Cleaning Rod                                                   75-round Drum Magazine
1 Bore Brush                                                      Magazine Carry Pouch
1 Patch Holder
1 Combination Tool
1 Sling

What are our office hours and contact information?

Our office hours are Monday through friday 9:00am-6:00pm Eastern time. If you have a general question about one of our products please e-mail Sales@polyTechParts.com. If you need to contact us after office hours please send an e-mail to Support@PolyTechParts.com.

Contact Information
                                 Keng's Firearms Specialty, Inc.                     Phone: 404-691-7611
                                 875 Wharton Drive, SW                                Fax: 404-505-8445
                                 Atlanta, GA 30336                                       Sales@PolyTechParts.com
                                 United States

I just finished calling the phone number and it is still a good number, answered by machine early on Sunday Morning, "KFS, Poly Tech Parts, etc..."

firstchoiceak47

celt1314

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 12:48:11 PM »
I'm sorry.....did I just read"what would I do with it?"
Send it to me.shoot it.use it to open cans. I could go on forever. Nice score on the sks for sure. Throw in the scope and I guess I could do it.....cool hand Luke us what I should call you sir.beautiful.
Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will loose both, and deserve neither." --Benjamin Franklin

BigBill

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 04:21:51 PM »
I was going to post;  Poly Tech

I have a norinco m14s (m14) and there is a Poly Tech m14 also.  Poly Tech is a military manufacturer and norinco is a civilian manufactyurer.  "Norinco sports"

firstchoiceak47

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 07:11:26 PM »
BigBill;

Have you been able to compare your Norinco M14 with a Poly Tech M14? Are there any noticeable differences between the two? I'd heard that some folks weren't happy with the quality of their Chinese M14's while others were well satisfied with theirs. (Quality of the steel, hardness, fitting) I wonder if it was just the difference of Norinco vs. Poly Tech? It would certainly make sense as to the difference between the Norinco AK47's and the Poly Tech AK47's.

I personally have had good experiences with the Norinco Model Of The 1911A1 .45acp pistols. All parts interchange with the 1911's (I think the grip screw nut that screws into the frame is a different thread) but other than that, it's all good. I put in a one-piece Wilson guide rod and spring set, Wilson recoil buffers, and Pachmayer Rosewood Grips, and they make great shooters. Look good too. Were any of the .45 pistols made by Poly Tech?

firstchoiceak47

BigBill

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 10:09:22 PM »
My norinco M14s is in new condition.  I found out that some of the first production ones used USGI parts.  My trigger group is numbered USGI.  I found this out on the m14 site.  I may get a poly tech m14 soon too.  I like everything being forged and the chrome lined bore plus mine was under $400 with some free trades that i had. My very first norinco sks is awesome so i purchased a norinco 1911.  After doing all the fitting with a new barrel and national match barrel bushing she shoots one clover leaf per 8rd mag.  even with the normal loose fitting slide too.  My norc 1911 is one of my best 1911's so far.The grip screws are metric in the norc.  I have two chinese norinco sports tokarev's, one in 7,62x25 and the other in 9mm luger.  Both are in there orginal boxes still unfired.

china412

• SKS Plinker
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 01:22:14 AM »
My SKS is stamped ( SKS 7.62x39 Norinco China Poly usa Atl Ga ) I don't know If It's a Norinco or a Poly or what. Thats whats on It. I've had It for about 24 years.