Author Topic: Chinese SKS Value  (Read 3356 times)

countryfied252

• SKS Newbie
Chinese SKS Value
« on: July 09, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »
I have a Chinese sks and was wondering what the value of the gun is.  I have read that it is worth more if it has matching numbers.  There are numbers on the trigger guard, the stock, the magazine, the reciever.  They all have the same 4 didgets.  The last 4 numbers of ther serial number for the gun also matches these numbers.  Is this what other people are talking about?

martin08

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Hear ye! A round of Moose-burgers for all!
Re: Chinese SKS Value
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 12:45:10 PM »
Yes, the last four numbers are stamped on matching parts.  The receiver cover, bolt carrier and bolt should also have matching numbers.  Do they?

Also, is it full length or paratrooper length?  Spike or blade bayonet?  Overall condition? Pictures?

These factors can make a big difference.  At present description, it could be a $150 gun, or a $400 gun.

countryfied252

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 02:00:22 PM »
It has a spike bayonet,  and I believe that all the numbers are the same.  They are all 0145.  It shoots good.  It doesn't seem to have any problems.  The stock is in good condition.  The finish on the gun is a little worn and i believe that it is a full length rifle.  I am not sure on how to post pictures.

99dodge318

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Expert
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 03:25:56 PM »
Open a Photobucket account, upload your photos there, then copy and paste the url

Aye Kay

• SKS Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 07:53:31 PM »
  Are you buying or selling?  How much would that rifle be worth if you had to defend you family? 
   Any SKS is probably worth more than it is selling for.   

countryfied252

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 07:59:00 PM »
I just got it.  I traded a mosin negant and some ammo for the gun.

firstchoiceak47

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 08:15:39 AM »
Unless you included ALOT of ammo with that Nagant, you got a great deal, IMO. Good trade! Congtrats!

firstchoiceak47

leadslinger45

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • Cheap plastic surgery! Contact Old Outlaw!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 08:42:46 AM »
+1, great trade
"For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security."
Thomas Jefferson

draftpick

• SKS Expert
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 03:54:55 PM »
unless you traded more than 880 rounds of ammo with the mosin and your SKS is in good condition and complete, you got a good trade. Most norinco's in my area go for $225-325 depending on condition and if it is complete ( bayonet, cleaning rod, sling, cleaning kit).

martin08

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 04:55:36 PM »
All depends on "what" Mosin Nagant you traded for the SKS.  Model, year, country, special markings, etc.

I don't think I'd take 30 average Chinese SKS's for my unissued Polish PU sniper.   Thirty Russians (with about ten non-refurbs mixed in) might sway me.

firstchoiceak47

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 08:03:20 PM »
All depends on "what" Mosin Nagant you traded for the SKS.  Model, year, country, special markings, etc.

I don't think I'd take 30 average Chinese SKS's for my unissued Polish PU sniper.   Thirty Russians (with about ten non-refurbs mixed in) might sway me.

Good counter-point Martin08! That's a beauty! Which distributor brought the unissued Polish PU Sniper in?  I have a Polish M44, but not nearly in that condition. Do you have any idea of how many of yours got into the US?

I was basing my comment on the average $90.00 Nagant and a couple hundred rds of 7.62x54R.  That would have made it a great trade.

firstchoiceak47

martin08

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 06:16:56 AM »
No distributors for these guns. Non-import marked.   As far as I know, there are only a few dozen of these in the country.  The best guess is that they filtered in from Canada in the 1970's, or were brought back from Grenada - though only a few have capture papers.

firstchoiceak47

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 07:19:09 AM »
No distributors for these guns. Non-import marked.   As far as I know, there are only a few dozen of these in the country.  The best guess is that they filtered in from Canada in the 1970's, or were brought back from Grenada - though only a few have capture papers.

What would you consider it to be worth, if you were to sell it? It's the first one I've seen, so I have no idea. Is that a "91-30"-style rifle? It doesn't look to have a hex receiver. What was the Polish designation for that rifle, with and without the sniper option? Did it come with a box or pouch for the scope and mount to be carried/stored in? Very nice!

I have a 91-30 "ex-sniper", a mount, and a bent bolt that I thought about putting a repro together with. But that's a discussion for another area.

firstchoiceak47

martin08

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 12:51:28 PM »
Ah, but not to sidetrack the thread any longer after this...

It is a 1944 Izhevsk original unissued sniper.  In the early 1960's, Poland refurbished them with beech stocks and the upgraded adjustable reticle scopes.

I have no idea how much one would run, as I have only ever seen one for sale and bought it before some other lucky fella plunked down the $800 asking price at the shop.  The shop owner had no idea what he had, BTW.

Hazard a guess?   I refused $2,500 for it on the first day that I posted it last year.  On Gunbroker, starting at a penny, I'll bet it would top $3,000 and possibly much more.  There just aren't a lot of them to compare for value.