Author Topic: NORINCO NHM-91......  (Read 3061 times)

vegiH

• SKS Marksman
NORINCO NHM-91......
« on: August 22, 2012, 09:38:38 PM »
Stumbling thrum adds today found a guy looking to barter a nhm-91.......IO composite stock....75 round drum and 5 30 rounders....clean( beautiful) bore.....bi-pod scope mount ....black in Colorado....wants to trade for 2 SKS rifles.......I have a well worn 1959 Chinese in a folder ( I have the original worn stock aswell)......and a late matching number M21 with French tickler......like new with low round count. He wants to trade straight up.......I have $600 in these two rifles and have seen beat up nhm-91 go for more then that.....this one is mint out of a collection of SKS Ms and other Chinese rarities.......What have these selling for lately???? Never owned an AK variant looking to get my feet wet..........any input welcome.......H.

Tangara

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
Re: NORINCO NHM-91......
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 12:23:58 AM »
VegiH

I know a guy that has had a nhm-91 for sale since last spring.  The rifle is stock with a 75rnd Chinese drum priced between $600 to $700, I do not remember that exact price.  I am sure that I could get him to throw in a couple of standard AK magazines for his asking price.  Chinese drums are going for $100 if you are lucky.  Standard AK magazines for $15 or so.  Subtract about $175 from the asking price for the magazines.  That leaves around $425 for a Chinese AK with thicker receiver, built on military AK machinery, with longer chrome lined barrel with by-pod (I have heard the by-pod sucks) for a price lower that you can get a new Romaian or Hungarian AK variant.  If you have other SKS I would run and make the trade.  Is the Drum Chinese or of other manufacture?  It may affect the price by $25 to $50 but still is a good price.  Also see if you can shoot it first.

vegiH

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 09:23:02 AM »
It is a Romanian drum....it also has a double hook trigger as well as rail for accessories.........think I will take it as I already have two more sks. Lined up( non import marked 67 Chinese......and early 80s norinco for $600 for the pair)........Have not seen many nhm-91 on the web............should be a good addition to the x39 collection.........

rich

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:32:35 AM »
I like the NHM-91's and would like to add one to my collection.  They're sort of a chinese rpk, really built up and solid. 

Are you sure it's a romanian drum?  It could be chinese.

Anyway, I think it would be a good addition.

AKBLUE

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 09:35:27 AM »
If you really want the long barreled Chinese NHM then maybe a good/decent deal.  They are kind of an odd ball AK variant.  Not really a copy of anything military but some folks like them.
They are good quality and should shoot well and be pretty straight and so forth.  Originally they had a mag well nub to restrict the magazine types they accepted.  This may be removed but it is not a hard mod if not.
You could sell the SKS rifles and use the money for a more traditional AKM.  Just sayin.  But a trade is easier and quicker and if the rifle speaks to you., good to go.

vegiH

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 09:50:15 AM »
I have always collected norinco rifles ( currently 59 Chinese....M21 SKS.....NIB SKS SPORTER.....late 70s bubba) ....... I have ow˝ed atleast 10 norinco sks rifles never a norinco Ak variant........it dos speak to me in a" similar to modern furniture....but better built then newer "rpk sporters"........it looks real good in all black....but comes with original wood aswell.

Toad

• HMFIC
  • Global Moderator
  • SKS Guru
  • TOM Q VAXY
    • OBEY!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 02:00:04 PM »
Both SKSs for the NHM and all accessories (with no added cash) is a good trade.
Prepping and Survival...see Survivor's sister board, http://survivorsprepboard.com/smf/

vegiH

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 03:58:35 PM »
Thanks guys that's what I needed to hear.......stuff got my sks sporter and bubba to shoot.......just gonna have to get thorn some different siblingd to mingle with.......lol. I have been building my collection toward rarities......I feel I made a good choice as the m21 is kind of rare and the 59 arsenal 26 is well worn( still looks nice in a ati  folder and cheese grater handguard).......Are these nhm-91 rare or just an oddity???? Kind of like the idea of a norinco rpm........H

Toad

• HMFIC
  • Global Moderator
  • SKS Guru
  • TOM Q VAXY
    • OBEY!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 06:36:04 PM »
......Are these nhm-91 rare or just an oddity???? Kind of like the idea of a norinco rpm........H

Kinda neither....just not produced in large quantities such as the MAKs or NHM 90s. They are still desireable.
Prepping and Survival...see Survivor's sister board, http://survivorsprepboard.com/smf/

Aye Kay

• SKS Guru
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 10:12:08 PM »
  I'd buy one and cut it to 16".  I had a long one with the bipod at the same time I owned 6 or 8 Maddi's and Mak-90's.  The 20" barrel stayed at home after I got the scope zero'ed until I sold it.  Fun to look at,  a PITA to carry around the woods.  It didnt' really shoot any better than the 16" barrels,  so it was a novelty. 
   Compared to the Ak's avalible today I'd live with the extra length or chop it.  They are great AK's. 

lonewolf

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 10:20:14 PM »
  I'd buy one and cut it to 16".  I had a long one with the bipod at the same time I owned 6 or 8 Maddi's and Mak-90's.  The 20" barrel stayed at home after I got the scope zero'ed until I sold it.  Fun to look at,  a PITA to carry around the woods.  It didnt' really shoot any better than the 16" barrels,  so it was a novelty. 
   Compared to the Ak's avalible today I'd live with the extra length or chop it.  They are great AK's.

Assuming you've hunted with other rifles, so what's the PITA with the NHM-91??

Bi-pod??  Remove it.. :lol:

I've hunted with mine, wasn't any diffent than carrying any other rifle....

vegiH

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 05:15:46 PM »
Going tomorrow to make trade any particulars to look for????????? Besides being " shot out"....lol.

Ronny

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 07:07:12 PM »
  I'd buy one and cut it to 16". 

It's be smarter/cheaper to just buy a 16" NHM 90.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything; really helps when you get old.

Tangara

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 08:50:28 PM »
You stated that you have other SKS so the trade will not leave you wanting.  Do you have other AK's, or is this your first?  If you don't like it you can always trade or sell it.

vegiH

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 10:23:43 PM »
First Ak.......I don't think I will mind the 20 inch barrel........most SKSs have them.........just got a lead on more sks rifles........ SKS m with bad furniture.......un import marked 65 Chinese with battle damage......and three uninssued jungle stocks...........$600 for the lot. I always wanted a rpk type rifle albeit a sporterized......and love norinco rifles......well see I have adding to the x39 collection slowly.........may have to trade my nib sub-2000;in 40 for some more x39 toys.......they are so addicting.