Author Topic: hellfire trigger attachment  (Read 7392 times)

abnorm999

hellfire trigger attachment
« on: February 26, 2006, 11:13:04 AM »
has anyone used one of these befor?

http://www.gungarage.com/rapidfire.htm

the site dosent explain at all how the super-tac trigger actually works, any thoughts on any of these things? Thanks.

moulton

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • I see hidden people
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 11:30:24 AM »
they produce a bumb fire which is almost full auto.... Its a piece of crap and wastes ammo

DocCallahan

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 12:11:32 PM »
I agree Its a wast of money and ammo
Medic's bury their mistakes

galahad

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
  • The old fart in TEXAS
    • Survivor's SKS Boards
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 12:48:16 PM »
Just say no.  Their marketing is superior to their product.

"I would rather suffer from too much freedom, than not enough."  Heimdhal
"Free people need free markets - or they aren't free."  Gibson_GM

Lafayettegregory

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 01:09:40 PM »
If ya want one send me 5 bucks for postage. I am tired of seeing it in the junk drawer.

NC_Yugo59/66

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 01:22:10 PM »
i tried one for my 10/22 a few years back, it worked but wasnt that reliable, not to mention if a gun isnt designed for full auto fire, it would be really hard on the gun, and with an SKS with 10 rnd mag, it would be pointless anyway.

craggin wagon

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 01:40:51 PM »
im finally back on *whew* :?

abnorm999

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 03:05:40 PM »
hrmmm that GAT trigger activator looks like fun, i just may try it. becides my SKS has a 30 round clip and at $4 a box for ammo, i can waste it all day long.

filetitan

• SKS Plinker
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 03:14:30 PM »
so what this thing does is allow u to shoot full auto ?

Daekar

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
  • Brushless Motor Inspector
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 05:31:38 PM »
The key is it allows you to MIMICK full auto - however, you're still firing one bullet per trigger pull.  Why you can't just pull your trigger quickly manually is beyond me - have more control that way IMHO.
m59/66 SKS, m98/29 Mauser, k98 Mauser, 91/30 Mosin, m44 Mosin, Marlin Model 60, Savage Mark II HM2, Vector V-93

bloomautomatic

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 08:59:06 PM »
I bought the AS-IV for my M11-9mm years ago.  Basically it just put more spring pressure on the trigger so you could bump fire easier.  With a fake suppressor on it, it worked pretty well.  With a little practice, you don't even need it.  Use a big backstop as you're pretty much shooting from the hip and things can get out squirrelly.

The Super-Tac looks similar to something I had for my 10/22 about the same time.  It allows you to fire one shot with a pull of the trigger, and one shot when you push forward on the device.  You put your finger in the triggerguard and wiggle it back and forth.  It did produce pretty good rate of fire before it broke.  Not sure how well it work on an SKS with a long or heavy trigger pull.

The GAT and the BMF are trigger cranks and they're probably the most useful and controllable of the bunch.  Best used with a bipod or something to steady the gun.

Keep in mind NONE of these allow true full auto fire.  They all require you fiddle with something while you're shooting.  They'll work to some degree, but don't expect any miracles.  I wouldn't pay $30 for them.  Do some searching and you might find them cheaper elsewhere.

Kinda funny that their pictures look like scans of 10 year old Shotgun News ads.  Jeesh, get a digital camera and post some new pics already!

Vince
Bloom Automatic Golf Ball Launchers for SKS, AR-15 and many others.  www.bloomautomatic.com

Long Branch Sportsman's Club - www.bloomautomatic/lbsc

Huntzman

• SKS Newbie
Save the money
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 09:15:10 AM »
I agree, it's not worth the money. Invest it in more ammo !!! All your doing is bump firing. I have done it (bump fire) with both the AK & SKS to varying degrees of efficiency and to be honest, it's just a waste of ammo.

Then again, I have had the opportunity to fire FA weapons through my job. But after the first couple of magazines, the novelty wears off especially if your paying for the ammo.

IMHO
NRA Member
ISRA Member

"In Valor there is Hope" (Tacitus, Roman Historian)

engineer2001

• SKS Gunsmith
Re: Save the money
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 02:56:23 PM »
What happens if you get a squib/dud bullet that lodges in the barrel with these things?  Doesn't it sorta blow up in your face on the next round?
engineer2001
I pity da foo.

bloomautomatic

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 04:30:25 PM »
Quote from: engineer2001
What happens if you get a squib/dud bullet that lodges in the barrel with these things?  Doesn't it sorta blow up in your face on the next round?

Same thing that happens if you're shooting any gun rapid fire.  But usually if it's a squib, there's not enough pressure to cycle the action - especially on a gas operated gun.  If it did cycle with a round lodged in the barrel it would probably come apart.  I have seen pics of a MAC-10 barrel that had about 6 or so bullets lodged in it from squibs.  It didn't blow up though.

Vince
Bloom Automatic Golf Ball Launchers for SKS, AR-15 and many others.  www.bloomautomatic.com

Long Branch Sportsman's Club - www.bloomautomatic/lbsc

3 weelin geezer

• SKS Expert
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 08:05:41 AM »
Just look at the ad and you get the idea how they work.  I wrote to 'noveltyguns' to see if they have a better quality video on cd (with higher bandwith) to see how that 10-22 worked because it looks to me the guy is using one of those pre-ban conversions.  They said after the 3rd or 4th time that they didn't sell that video.  I would say that their advertising is NOT better than their product.  I figger you would be able to see that its just deceptive advertising in that you believe your gun will function at full auto rates but still be legal somehow.  My brother has one for his ak and it gets surprising rate of fire.  I havent tried it without it to see if I can make it work the same.  The 10-22 one (I have) is nothing more than a piece of spring to hold a little cross looking lever that fits in that little hole right in front of the trigger.  You work the trigger as normal then you push that cross thing which pushes\cams the real trigger back again real fast.  You don't hold down the trigger.  I found that it works better if I hold the rifle on my hip and jiggle my finger inside the trigger/cross thing back and forth real fast.   Almost looks like I am playing heavy metal guitar or something.  The spring is very thin and is easily broken where it holds up that cross.  Thats all its there for.  It doesn't do anything to make it fire any faster.   The other thing that works for the ak's just seems to push the trigger back easier I think.   Go to :  

http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/Rangebag.aspx

and scroll most of the way down to the bumpfire videos.  That guy shows you how to work the gun and not have to spend $30 on that spring.  I got a crank from ??  I forgot where but it seems rather large and it shoots 4 rounds per turn.   I guess that will work much better than that spring and being that its nice and solid it should last a little longer.  I just haven't been home to look at it where it kicks the trigger.  Hopefully its made of some quality stuff and not some cheap, plastic little cross that breaks before I finish a box of ammo.  
As for being a waste of ammo, to each his own.  Thats what I got a 10-22 for.  Its cheap to shoot and I don't worry about breaking the bank.  Heres a link to a site that has some good pictures of these things on a gun.  
http://www.firequest.com/   Click on the catalog and scroll to the 'full auto trigger systems.  Sounds just like they took every word from that lame site.  you decide if they are worth the $30.  I would call them nothing but training wheels for your index finger.  You end up outgrowing them real fast.