Author Topic: Yugp PAP M92 Pistol  (Read 11474 times)

oarngesi

• SKS Shooter
Re: Yugp PAP M92 Pistol
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »
nice i really wanted one to replace the draco i sold when prices were really high but they were coming and going in minutes it seemed. i ended up ordering one of the new arsenal pistols

AKBLUE

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 10:03:18 AM »
I've read a few people say this is hard to sbr because it has a slant receiver? Any idea what they are talking about? The rear appears flat  :?
Is it somthing to do with the rear trunnion?

I know they put the SN in a place that eliminates the possibility of an underfolder.

I do not think there is any slant receiver issue but the SBR mods are still months out as the NFA paperwork takes several months so there is little or no advertised building until the stamp is approved.  The serial number is an issue for underfolder location.

oarngesi., J&G has a pile ogf the M92 PAPs but that Arsenal looks good too.  They have a few conversion issues as well from what I have read if SBR is the final outcome.

sks winger

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 12:12:06 PM »
Looks to me like a draco is the better option to sbr.  I used a vz58 folder on mine and changed out the wood with black plastic.  Put a side mount on it for a scope and put a eotech on it.  Works like a champ.  Still looking for a good muzzle brake, hate that dam 14x1 lh thread.  Any of the real muzzle brakes that work good are over a 100 bucks.  I should of moved the front sight back enough to rethread (9/16x24 rh) so I could put a good iron brake from smiths enterprises on it.  Put one on my sks para and it works great.  Barrel rise is next to nothing.
Not on Our Watch
OATHKEEPERS.ORG

AKBLUE

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2012, 01:34:13 PM »
Any particular reason a Draco is a better SBR option?

There are quite a few 14/1 brake options and/or 24mm adaptors etc., several pages>

http://www.cncwarrior.com/firearms-parts/muzzle-devices/ak/

jabba21

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 04:50:34 PM »
Picked up my Zastava M92 today. Have only put a couple of mags downrange so far, but I love it.

I definitely want to SBR this thing though. I'd like to keep it as close to original as possible. Does anyone know of anyone offering repo Krink style muzzle brakes? I contacted Manticore yesterday and they said they have had a few requests for them and are considering making them. If no one else is offering a repo, does anyone have any leftovers from an M92 kit they'd like to sell? Thanks.

Here are couple pics I just took.

ozarkrecluse

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 05:04:53 PM »
I received mine from Bud's a couple of days ago.  It's put together a lot better than some other Century products I have.  The price at Bud's has already gone up since I bought mine.   Not sure why I really bought the thing, other than insurance against a possible future AWB.   I'll mount a sling to it and probably just put it behind my seat in the jeep.

AKBLUE

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2012, 07:08:11 PM »
Picked up my Zastava M92 today. Have only put a couple of mags downrange so far, but I love it.

I definitely want to SBR this thing though. I'd like to keep it as close to original as possible. Does anyone know of anyone offering repo Krink style muzzle brakes? I contacted Manticore yesterday and they said they have had a few requests for them and are considering making them. If no one else is offering a repo, does anyone have any leftovers from an M92 kit they'd like to sell? Thanks.

Here are couple pics I just took.

It will likely be a month or two before the muzzle devices start tp show up.  Originals are pretty scarce and run about $50.  There will be extensions and likely clone krink beaks pretty soon. There are beer can muzzle devices and the Manticore and some extensions right now but more will be along.

jabba21

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2012, 09:32:32 PM »
Please feel free to post links or pass along any information if some pop up. I'm still looking for an under-folder stock and parts to go on it too. I've read other places that other under-folders won't work on the Yugo/Serbian M92's. Not sure what the difference is yet, but that's just what I read. Any info or links to purchase an under-folder would be greatly appreciated as well.

coondawg47

• SKS Plinker
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2012, 11:56:47 AM »

Below is a write up I did concerning accuracy with my Draco.  I have since installed a Midwest industries handguard and a Vortex Sparc red dot.  With irons it was capable of minute of man out to 150 yards, now I would feel very comfortable out to 250 yards as the Sparc closed the shot group to 5 inches at 150 yards.
Jan 2011 write up...... "Shot my Draco two days ago, after installing the single point sling. This gun rocks, and I don't understand why folks say this gun is a range toy. Fired a Police Tactical pistol course today with it. 20 targets, most of them were steel, with one being a 6 plate dueling tree. The fastest I have seen a shooter do this course with a regular handgun is 62 seconds, I did it with the Draco in 40 seconds without really trying. The ranges of the steel targets were 30 yards to 10 yards away and the course consists of running from cover to cover engaging different targets that must be hit before you can progress through the course. I also shot the Draco out to 140 yards and placed 7 of 10 rounds into a 12"by 12" target, with the other three just outside the target. The sights were dead on from 0-140yards. The results of this range session show me that this is a very useful firearm that has tactical applications as it is; 1. Way more accurate than a pistol, from pistol range to at least 150 yards. 2. Just as quick on target as a pistol. 3. Way more powerful than a pistol. 4. Greater standard magazine capacity. So i would consider the 350 bones I paid for it, to be well spent."

ozarkrecluse

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »
Finally got mine done.   It has a CNC Warrior muzzle brake and a Echo Nine Three Sling mount that I dremeled out to fit.   The sling makes a big difference in getting an accurate shot off.   I'm basically pleased with the pistol.  The prices have sure risen on these things the past couple of weeks.

AKBLUE

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 11:38:51 PM »
Please feel free to post links or pass along any information if some pop up. I'm still looking for an under-folder stock and parts to go on it too. I've read other places that other under-folders won't work on the Yugo/Serbian M92's. Not sure what the difference is yet, but that's just what I read. Any info or links to purchase an under-folder would be greatly appreciated as well.

The underfolder stock wil interfere with the serial number.  An Ace adaptor is likely on the way.

M92 krink brake here>>

http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30396

7.62vz

• SKS Expert
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2012, 05:12:50 PM »
There has been some interesting debate about the serial # issue. The takeaway would be that since it's becoming a different firearm (SBR), the other firearm (pistol) ceases to exist, and whomever the manufacturer is can create his own serial # since he's creating a new firearm. I don't think there's anything definitive yet about that line of thinking as the ATF changes their mind on stuff at a whim, but food for thought nonetheless.

Another interesting option would be a Vz. 58 folder. The angle of the receivers between the M92 and the Vz are about the same. Either have it welded on, or tapped for the screw just like the Vz is; food for thought anyhow.

I haven't decided which I like better yet. I've always wanted an underfolder, but it's more work and may not be possible.

AKBLUE

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2012, 07:38:33 PM »
There has been some interesting debate about the serial # issue. The takeaway would be that since it's becoming a different firearm (SBR), the other firearm (pistol) ceases to exist, and whomever the manufacturer is can create his own serial # since he's creating a new firearm. I don't think there's anything definitive yet about that line of thinking as the ATF changes their mind on stuff at a whim, but food for thought nonetheless.

Another interesting option would be a Vz. 58 folder. The angle of the receivers between the M92 and the Vz are about the same. Either have it welded on, or tapped for the screw just like the Vz is; food for thought anyhow.

I haven't decided which I like better yet. I've always wanted an underfolder, but it's more work and may not be possible.

Here is the language directltly fron the Form 1., "APPLICATION TO MAKE AND REGISTER A FIREARM"

i. Serial Numbers and other Markings. If an existing firearm is being modified into an NFA firearm, enter the existing serial number of the firearm into item 4g and the name and address of the original manufacturer into item 4a. Do not Alter or Modify the Existing Serial Number . If the NFA firearm is being made from parts, your name and address are to be entered into 4a and a serial number you create is to be entered into item 4g.
ATF

Mancat

• SKS Guru
  • give all the milsurps to me
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2012, 08:11:01 AM »
FYI the M85 5.56 Krink pistols are now available as well - J&G and others. These have bulged front trunnion and come with one plastic M21 mag. Galil and Circle-10/Promag .223 mags are also reported to work fine.

AlamoScout

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »
FYI the M85 5.56 Krink pistols are now available as well - J&G and others. These have bulged front trunnion and come with one plastic M21 mag. Galil and Circle-10/Promag .223 mags are also reported to work fine.

I bought the 7.62 yesterday and the seller told me to stay away from the 223, he said he already had to send 4 back from the first batch with problems.