Author Topic: Chinese Military Surplus SKS Rifles for Sale  (Read 2804 times)

mordaal

• SKS Expert
Chinese Military Surplus SKS Rifles for Sale
« on: November 10, 2012, 06:56:32 PM »
Last week I was browsing Aim Surplus and to my surprise the had just received a shippment of military surplus Chinese SKS rifles. They were asking $229 per rifle, not bad, but I wanted 6 of them and they would only sell me 3. So then I went to J&G and they had the same rifles and said they would sell me 6, and even better they asked if I had a C&R, which I do, and sent them right to my front door no paying transfer fees and no tax. I don't know how a Chinese SKS qualifies as C&R but I am not complaining.
Aim has since run out of the rifles and so has J&G Sales.
The rifles I got were in pretty good shape, blueing was pretty worn and the stocks were dinged and knicked but no rust and the function great. The wierd thing is they have a blade bayonet instead of a spike. Here's the thread http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3CSKS&name=Chinese+SKS+7.62x39+Rifle&groupid=12

Tricolor

• Constitution Supporter
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • 7.62mm МЕТАК
Re: Chinese Military Surplus SKS Rifles for Sale
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 07:00:41 PM »
You should take a few pictures of the ones you purchased!
"There are collectors, shooters, hunters, bubba, tinkerers, wanna-be's, preppers, machinists, historians, snobs, newbies, etc on the site…All have one thing in common: the SKS" - AKBLUE

mordaal

• SKS Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 07:11:43 PM »
I'm planning on it but the battery on my camera went dead, hopefully tomorrow. I already took one apart and put the small parts in a sonic cleaner with some toluene in it, they look like new. The stock needs stripped and oiled, yes for the purists I know it should be linseed, it has a number spray painted on the side. That should melt right off with aircraft stripper which yes I use solvent resistant gloves and good ventilation.

enginecat

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 07:26:29 PM »
Go have a look in the Chinese section here and you'll see a bunch of threads on them. They are early production Chinese SKSs which is why they have blade bayonets and some other differences to the later made rifles.
One of our members is collecting serial number and picture information to catalog them and it would be great if you could send your info on to him.

mordaal

• SKS Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 08:45:18 PM »
Go have a look in the Chinese section here and you'll see a bunch of threads on them. They are early production Chinese SKSs which is why they have blade bayonets and some other differences to the later made rifles.
One of our members is collecting serial number and picture information to catalog them and it would be great if you could send your info on to him.
I would be more than happy to assist, just put me in touch with him.

enginecat

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Expert
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 09:06:27 PM »
Here's http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=109256.0 a link to his thread. Really interesting batch of rifles, can't wait to pick on up myself.

Thorshammer-MN

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
  • SI vis pacem para bellum
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 11:17:25 PM »
SOLD OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT :banghead:
They'll tell you black is really white, the moon is just the sun at night, and when you walk in golden halls, you get to keep the gold that falls, its HEAVEN AND HELL.

Chip Hazard

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 11:21:14 PM »
Wow J&G still had 99+ listed earlier today
"Nothing is True... Everything is Permitted"

terry1369

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 11:22:43 PM »
Just saw an for Turners Sporting Goods here in SO. CAL. each store has 30.

Chip Hazard

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 11:29:44 PM »
Well I was going to buy three more on payday.  I guess I'm glad I put an order in for at least one.

SOG is probably sold out too.

Zer0DazE

• SKS Gunsmith
  • I will deport you
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 09:07:58 AM »
Well I was going to buy three more on payday.  I guess I'm glad I put an order in for at least one.

SOG is probably sold out too.

Century still has them (as of Friday at least)

Chip Hazard

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »
As of right now SOG still has some too.

Not sure I will buy any more though.  I already have several so I think I'll spend the money on some other things I need to stock up on.

mordaal

• SKS Expert
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 03:29:19 PM »
I just posted some pics of the serial numbers on my rifle, all numbers matched. The post is under the Chinese section where the one member is compiling a list of serial numbers. I am in the process of refinishing the rifle, will get better pics soon.