Author Topic: loose stock on Chinese SKS  (Read 441 times)

tahunua001

• Aperture Laboratories CEO
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Expert
  • Vote for me, if you want to live.
loose stock on Chinese SKS
« on: December 26, 2012, 09:42:08 PM »
hello all,
I recently bought a Chinese type 56 and didn't realize til I made it home and started removing the cosmoline that the stock has quite a bit of wobble to it. the trigger group is latched in place correctly with the receiver but the retention ring in the stock does not sit far enough back to hold the stock firmly in place. I can't slide it back because it is just forward of and touching the forward handguard retention ring. it's my first SKS so I don't know any of the tips of the trade as it were. is there any way too fix this little irritant?

I am seriously starting to get sick of getting guns that Century Arm's Drunk monkeys inspected and OKed.

Indy4570

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Marksman
  • I'm your huckleberry
Re: loose stock on Chinese SKS
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 01:01:45 AM »
pics will help us to diagnose what the problem is. I would first check for a spring in the stock under the trigger group. They get loose when the spring is missing. forward and back movement may be another issue.
I am no longer accepting the things I can not change

I am changing the things I can not accept

tahunua001

• Aperture Laboratories CEO
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Expert
  • Vote for me, if you want to live.
Re: loose stock on Chinese SKS
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 01:48:45 PM »
I knocked to roll pin out of the stock ring nad hammered it back as far as possible. it only moved a tiny fraction of an inch but it helped tremendously.