Author Topic: Will Sks prices go down?  (Read 5304 times)

Dale99

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Yum, Yum, Eat Em' Up
Re: Will Sks prices go down?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 04:14:08 PM »
Haha, I know a guy that has "won" "raffles" to justify his new guns. He's even forwarded the "winning" emails to his wife.  :^o

That's pretty cool. I may have to remember that one.

:)
"if you can't make your point quickly and with few words, you probably don't have a very good point"  - jdscholer

acerpower

• SKS Expert
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 04:19:12 PM »
I'd rather just be stealthy with my purchases, this way I'll never get caught in a lie.
Besides, what she don't know wont hurt her. :lol:
._...|..__________ __________, , )
....../ `---___________---- _____|] ......
...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ _____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

scarymike23

• A Sawhorse Is A
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • This argument needs more pie.
    • Alternate History War Film!
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2013, 04:24:25 PM »
What we really need is to have North Korea collapse and sell off all its commie guns. You just know they've got about 10 firearms and 50,000 rounds per citizen squirreled away in all those tunnels and bunkers they've got dug everywhere!

Plus, I guess it would be nice to not have a horrid, oppressive, tyranical state bent on destroying the free world menacing us. But really it's all about the cheap surplus guns.   
для родины!

Первые оружеиные заводы в туле

I'll grudgingly also say MN is the best sub $200 rifle value out there right now. Damn that scarymike guy and his enchanting photo! -Running Man, 02/28/14 at 02:54:32 PM

Carl in CT

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Gila monsters don't think, they do.
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2013, 04:33:24 PM »
Like others have said, prices may settle down a tad as the panic fades but it's simple economics, supply and demand. SKS's are in higher and higher demand and supply is dwindling and aside from the odd batch that an importer like Century digs up, supply isn't going to be replenished. Even if we got a complete 180 degree turn around in politics and the imports were opened up again from China, Russia, etc, I don't know how many SKS's are still available world wide. I suppose China would ramp up production if they could be imported here again.

What we really need is to have North Korea collapse and sell off all its commie guns. You just know they've got about 10 firearms and 50,000 rounds per citizen squirreled away in all those tunnels and bunkers they've got dug everywhere!
+1

Plus, I guess it would be nice to not have a horrid, oppressive, tyranical state bent on destroying the free world menacing us. But really it's all about the cheap surplus guns.
Do you mean, our govt. or North Korea's?  It's getting hard to tell one commie tyrant from another these days.
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Old Outlaw

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2013, 04:48:04 PM »
LGS has a Yugo for $375 all matching. I'm really contemplating just going for it and picking it up before someone else does. I don't need another one at this moment but I know I want another one in the future and may not get another chance anytime soon...

Well I didn't want to have to kick myself in the future, so I snagged it. I talked him down to $350 and he always throws in a box of ammo with every gun purchase. I'm really liking that store.
KY, you would have regretted for years not buying that gun!!!! All matching and look at the beautiful wood grain in that Elm stock. Yours is not all beat up as most of the cheap or even expensive ones are selling for now.

You did very, very good young man! A wise decision.

BigBill

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 07:52:23 PM »
I seen a romie listed for $850 today....its ;like the stock market don't sell till they hit over $1,000.....

acerpower

• SKS Expert
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 08:50:27 PM »
I'd be fine if the prices of SKS and other mil-surp's never came back down, only if the price of gasoline would go back down. :roll:
I miss the good old days(before Obama)
._...|..__________ __________, , )
....../ `---___________---- _____|] ......
...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ _____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

Code104

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
  • Looney Left are here!
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 09:45:50 PM »
I think the gun prices will come down but only a small amount $50-$75 dollars, all those idiots that paid $800 will have to take a big hit but they'll probably stay around $400-$500  :roll:
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Liberal Sheepdog

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 11:59:39 PM »
I'm not so sure that the Russian SKS prices will come down, as it seems that they rose in value moreso than the Yugos and Chinese during this panic. All of the panic buying may have set a new price standard for the Ruskies  :banghead:
"College is very important. Without College, there would be no College Football." --Tim Allen

Old Outlaw

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 12:31:43 AM »
It already has, no question about it.

Tudorp

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 08:43:01 AM »
Sometimes I forget how blessed I am. My bride has always supported my habits, and she tends to appreciate the boy's toys too... I've never had to lie to her. If I want a toy, and can afford it, I ask her what she thinks, and she says if I think its a good purchase then go for it. It's not because I have money. I'm a poor sap. It's because she knows I take care of my family first and foremost. If I can afford a toy after that, then it's a go..

Chip Hazard

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 11:09:12 AM »
I'd rather just be stealthy with my purchases, this way I'll never get caught in a lie.
Besides, what she don't know wont hurt her. :lol:
I just tell my wife I am buying something or doing something and then do it.

That's not because I am all macho or anything like that, rather because she doesn't work and never has and I doubt ever will (want to).  So since I am the only one that pays for EVERYTHING I don't feel I have to ask permission to spend my own money.  That's just me though... and yes I make sure all the bills are paid before I buy anything :)
"Nothing is True... Everything is Permitted"

Chip Hazard

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 11:10:48 AM »
As far as prices coming back down, I think they will come down from the crazy panic prices, but I am not sure they will ever go back to the pre-panic prices.
"Nothing is True... Everything is Permitted"

Carl in CT

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Gila monsters don't think, they do.
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 12:00:45 PM »
My wife bought me a SKS for our 2nd Christmas after we got married. She bought me a reflex sight for my AR this Christmas. And she can cook too!

Prices are still high but it seems like fewer SKS's are selling for really ridiculous prices and more are not selling when listed with too high a starting price or too high a reserve. A month ago they almost all sold, almost at any price. Same thing with AR's and other semi-auto rifles. I could be wrong, just seems that way to me.

I wish I had got a PSL or VEPR in 7.62x54r before the panic. They are still waaaaaaay overpriced right now.
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

scatback

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 12:13:34 PM »
KYMarine19 what is the name of that gun store.  I go to Sportsman's alot.  Mostly for my reloading supplies.  I agree Buds is pricey.  I would like to visit the shop you where you got your Yugo.  I am down in Harlan.  David