Author Topic: 1945 Enfield No 5 MK1 ROF (F)  (Read 247 times)

1srelluc

• SKS Gunsmith
  • Well....It can't hurt.
1945 Enfield No 5 MK1 ROF (F)
« on: March 22, 2013, 06:57:15 PM »
I walked in to my local pawn shop this morning and walked out with this No 5 MK1 ROF (F) and lighter in my wallet by $350.00.  :banghead:

It looks correct and is matching with the exception of the mag which is a Savage mag. It's aged the same as the rest of the exposed metal so I figure it's been in it quite a while. Meh....Can't have everything. All the lighting cuts are where they are supposed to be. Wartime stock with the proper cuts and proper length handguard.

There are no import markings on it but there are Brit export markings. The export proof date is 1950. The wrist is marked England along with a broad arrow proof.. I don't know if the wrists on these were marked or not. If so it must have been scrubbed but it don't look like it.

I don't know what is up with a white W (or M depending on how you look at it) painted on top the barrel just infront of the receiver.

As a bonus I got two flavors of house paint splatter on it this one, brown and white. A cob-web under the rear sight too.  :lol:

Senator...Don't pee down my back and tell me it's raining...

SGT ROCK

• SKS Gunsmith
Re: 1945 Enfield No 5 MK1 ROF (F)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 09:43:13 PM »
Very nice! :thumbright:
Import or Export "ENGLAND" is the mark.......required either way

Always something painted on these rifles!......got a Z on my No4
'50, '51 '53, '56, '64, '65, '66, '67, '67, '92, '93, '65, '76, '60, '71