Author Topic: Anyone familiar with "Six Corp"  (Read 902 times)

Drhc116

• SKS Newbie
Anyone familiar with "Six Corp"
« on: March 25, 2013, 12:26:06 PM »
Just picked up an SKS with six corp on left side of reciever. Anyone know anything about these guns?

Thanks in advance.

firstchoiceak47

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
Re: Anyone familiar with "Six Corp"
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »

Please post pictures of the SKS, as detailed as possible. It's much easier to identify rifles when the members can see what it is. And welcome to the board!

If you need help with posting pics, this link will make it easy for you:

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=37692.0

firstchoiceak47

xxxsks

• COMMERICAL GURU
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • They are not all M's
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 05:59:35 PM »
Six Corp is an exporter just like Norinco. The rifle may say Made in China by (Norinco, CGA, Six Corp, etc.) but they are not manufactures. They are the export companies. Most SKS's with export names on them are considered late production (pinned barrel, stamped FCG, stamped magizine and so on).

8)................Joe

Drhc116

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »
Thanks triple xxx. What is the value difference between one with stamped parts vs not if condition is the same?

xxxsks

• COMMERICAL GURU
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • They are not all M's
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 07:31:24 PM »
How the parts are made do not determind value as much as the overall condition does. In a Chinese SKS stamped parts work equally as well as milled parts do.

8)...................................Joe

Drhc116

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 08:00:52 PM »

These are the two I picked up this weekend. Any Idea on value. I paid $300.00 each.

Thanks

Lafayettegregory

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 08:01:43 PM »
How the parts are made do not determind value as much as the overall condition does. In a Chinese SKS stamped parts work equally as well as milled parts do.

Hmmm.... xxx have you forgotton about a stamped reciever sks.  :lol:

Lafayettegregory

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 08:04:14 PM »

These are the two I picked up this weekend. Any Idea on value. I paid $300.00 each.

Thanks
Hard to tell the pics are a bit small. But in general if they are matching parts numbers, with good stocks and bluing then 300.00 is a very good deal.  8)

Drhc116

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 08:07:11 PM »
Both are all matching numbers. The only thing I do not like is the one with the blade has a scope mounted on it. It looks like a Chinese replica of a PSO scope but I am not sure. Brand new to the SKS game.

Drhc116

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 08:09:34 PM »
Lafayette. What do you know about the stamped guns. I would like to learn some more about these rifles.

Thanks so much,

John

Lafayettegregory

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »
Lafayette. What do you know about the stamped guns. I would like to learn some more about these rifles.

Thanks so much,

John
China experimented with stamped metal recievers for the sks. Much like an AK is built. They  were not so successful in this being a less expensive or time saving venture.  They are VERY rare and very collectable.  Do a search in the Chinese sks forum and you will find several threads discussing the stamped reciever sks.  They are also discussed on Yoopers site and in the stickies on this forum.   

xxxsks

• COMMERICAL GURU
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • They are not all M's
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 08:37:58 PM »

Hmmm.... xxx have you forgotton about a stamped receiver sks.  :lol:

No I didn't forget about the stamped receiver. Just didn't think it pertained to this thread. Alot of the parts on a stamped receiver SKS are unique to that rifle and do not necessarily interchange with milled receiver SKS"s. The charging handle comes to mind Possibly other parts.

8).......................................Joe

Drhc116

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 08:54:33 PM »
In all honesty guys I plan on keeping both these rifles and don't really care what they are worth just curious. I am surprised at how much I really like these guns. Coming from ARs and AKs I thought the SKS was an old and out dated rifle. Boy was I wrong. Maybe once I learn a little more I will be able to tell if I have one of the stamped receiver rifles or not. Either way for $300.00 each I feel like I made out well considering the condition they are in.

Thanks for all of the help/insight guys. I look forward to learning a lot more from yall.

John

Blakeman

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 08:58:51 PM »
In all honesty guys I plan on keeping both these rifles and don't really care what they are worth just curious. I am surprised at how much I really like these guns. Coming from ARs and AKs I thought the SKS was an old and out dated rifle. Boy was I wrong. Maybe once I learn a little more I will be able to tell if I have one of the stamped receiver rifles or not. Either way for $300.00 each I feel like I made out well considering the condition they are in.

Thanks for all of the help/insight guys. I look forward to learning a lot more from yall.

John

Don't worry, after a while you will come to the realization that they are this really cool hybrid of AK and Garand types of rifles with lots of character just like you got them. Lots of folks try to make them into AKs, but to me you can fiddle with it in different ways to make it more, not into something it was replaced by........... if you want to fiddle at all.
"The word bipartisan means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out." George Carlin

Lafayettegregory

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 09:00:01 PM »

John
Sorry for throwing a wrench in the works. just ribbin joe a bit  :)
 Neither of your guns appear to be a stamped reciever sks. XXX is very correct as some guns have stamped trigger groups. In general it does not effect the quality or price. Some people do have a preferance for a all milled gun.
 Looks like you have a good start on a fine collection. Congrats.