Author Topic: So When Does Ammo Become Plentiful Again  (Read 2575 times)

coopdog

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
So When Does Ammo Become Plentiful Again
« on: May 01, 2013, 08:34:13 PM »
Looks like there isn't much support in Congress for any kind of significant restrictions on 2nd amendment rights. So when does the panic subside and ammo become available again??
I'm tired of reading about SHTF.   I am planning for the more likely scenario SSDD (Same Sh_it, Different Day).

ranger1968

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • SKS Guru
Re: So When Does Ammo Become Plentiful Again
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 08:37:14 PM »
 It's happening as we speak; in the past week there have been any number of threads about members who have found ammunition; it will grow more available every day.
Train for the Fight with us!....   http://www.survivorservices.net/

Toad

• HMFIC
  • Global Moderator
  • SKS Guru
  • RIP, BRH
    • OBEY!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:39:04 PM »
Never

After the price hike during Bush Admin, ammo supply ain't what it use'da be.
Remember when we cried as kids and our parents said "I'll give you something to cry about!"? We thought they were going to hit us, but instead they destroyed the housing market, and ran social security broke. I wish they would have just hit us.

coopdog

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:47:32 PM »
Never

After the price hike during Bush Admin, ammo supply ain't what it use'da be.

If you mean it will never be as cheap as it used to be, your right.  But what is?

But, ammo of all kinds was readily available until after the Connecticut school shooting.  That's what I mean.
I'm tired of reading about SHTF.   I am planning for the more likely scenario SSDD (Same Sh_it, Different Day).

Hodgie

• World renowned Failure
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Kicking Ass since 77
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 08:51:34 PM »
As soon as all the panic buyers realize the panic is over or no more of a threat then usual it will be over. The other factor is all the hoarders who sit on gun bot all day only to pick up anything and everything only to resell it on gun broker to the panic buyers for inflated prices. So it really all depends on the damn people panic buying it all up.

jbanzai

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 08:57:56 PM »
What's discoursing is online retailer's with jacked up prices.  SGammo had 420 round cans of federal XM855 for $350 before shipping earlier today.  Palmetto's prices are the same.  I see everything else coming down.  I'm not so sure about 5.56.
WTB Chinese SKS, numbers matching, excellent condition early /26\ with threaded barrel and milled trigger guard

Hodgie

• World renowned Failure
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Kicking Ass since 77
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 09:03:15 PM »
What's discoursing is online retailer's with jacked up prices.  SGammo had 420 round cans of federal XM855 for $350 before shipping earlier today.  Palmetto's prices are the same.  I see everything else coming down.  I'm not so sure about 5.56.

Only because people are still buying it, if it sat there a few day's or a few week's they and the manufactures would start to lower their prices.

Rocketvapor

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • awarded title of SIR ARSE
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 09:03:26 PM »
The government will not stop.  I feel they are heading toward ammo now.  Look for import restrictions to impact foreign ammo, limits on sales, taxes, having to get a federal ammo card, it's not over folks. 
Not fear mongering, just my prediction.  I see some states having heavy restrictions on purchasing ammo when the federal attempts are beaten.
Now, we shouldn't be saying this so people will calm down and we can get our ammo before it all comes true. 

If I had a nickel every time someone told me I had OCD,  I'd be  $37.00 richer

See A Toddler  With A Gun,  Call Nine Wun Wun

http://features.pewforum.org/FutureGlobalMuslimPopulation-WebPDF.pdf

Jmeridith

• SKS Expert
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 10:06:41 PM »
i'll tell you 5.7x28 is damn near impossible to find and has been since last summer.  I have been selling mine since I refuse to shoot at a buck a pop.  I'll keep 400 rounds or so and thats about it.  I think it will take 12 months at least to get good deals on ammo ie: 200/1000rds of 7.62x39 200/1000rds of 9mm fmj brass and so on.

jbanzai

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 10:11:11 PM »
I've only seen 357 mag once since it all began.  I was only able to get 100 rds.  Walmart has never ran out of 7mm on the other hand.
WTB Chinese SKS, numbers matching, excellent condition early /26\ with threaded barrel and milled trigger guard

Onepoint

• Administrator
  • SKS Guru
  • نعم أنا كافرة, شكور ل يسأل!
    • Gary's Gun Shop LLC - Torrington WY
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 10:27:19 PM »
2 weeks :-$
"War is not the best way of settling differences, it is the only way of preventing them being settled for you." - G.K.Chesterson /   "Reality is that which, when you refuse to believe, or stop believing in it, does not go away."

www.garysgunshopllc.com

nhblaze

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Ruger Blackhawk Proudly made in Newport NH
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 07:52:40 AM »
There was a ad in a local "Flea Market" type of newspaper,  the man was selling Brown Bear ammo
that he had...  .308 20 rounds  $20    and 9mm 50 rounds for 25 bucks    :shock:

like trying to cash in gold       :lol:
My retirement plan is simple, I'm only working until
noon the day of my funeral.

Stetto

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 09:26:12 AM »
2 weeks :-$

I loved that movie, right up until I bought a money pit of my own...

The state of ammo availability in MN/ND has me wondering if this is yet another "new normal". There's no talk about bare shelves and gouging in the local "media", no callers on local talk radio concerning it, you'd almost think there was no panic here...Just no ammo.

Kinda like gas prices. I suppose if Bush was still in office there would be daily accusations and condemnations of the Nazi regime accross the lib realm for blocking ammo shipments to retailers...People here just shrug and accept it as The New Normal... :roll:
The greatest terrorist threats to the American people are #1 the American government and #2 Lutheran Social Services.

oldmedic

• SKS Expert
  • Retired Licensed Paramedic
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 09:49:50 AM »
The answer to this question has been given many times by many Forum "sages" in essentially the same way. Given inherent ups and downs in our fragile economic state, it still remains that the tenet of supply and demand is the cornerstone of the American economy. When people stop panic buying, and sit back and wait, a state of decreased demand is created. With decreased demand comes increased supply. With increased supply comes lower prices. Duh. :banghead:

BuckiLoy

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 05:09:41 PM »
Cabelas is starting to get more ammo.  Had some of most calibers today, with the exception of 22.  Most were small quantities, but there was a lot of 7.62 and 5.56/223 available.  Limit was 5 boxes regardless of caliber.  Don't remember prices, but the 7.62 was 6.99 or 7.49 per box of 20.