Author Topic: What on Earth is everyone else doing with 32 ACP?!!!  (Read 1578 times)

bumthum

• SKS Guru
What on Earth is everyone else doing with 32 ACP?!!!
« on: July 03, 2013, 12:53:58 PM »
So I waited months for 32 ACP Prvi Partizan to come back in stock at AIM... I got an email about an hour ago (didn't realize it until about 30 min. ago), I immediately clicked on the link it said "Sold Out".  I called and the nice lady on the other end said "Sold Out".  So in a little more than an hour, the entire shipment of both FMJ and JHP 32 ACP from PPU sold out.  I only want to shoot my CZ50, what on Earth is everyone else doing with such a low powered round?  The good news (for many other people) is that they still have some good calibers in stock... just not what I need.  These days AIM seems to be one of the few places not taking advantage of a perceived situation to rake their customers over the coals.  I believe in the free market, and I know that something is worth what people are willing to pay, but I just cant afford to spend $20 (or more with S&H) per box for 32 ACP ball.  The ammo panic, and the resulting hoarding, is really starting to drive me nuts... but that is other people (with deeper pockets) enjoying what freedom we still have, so nothing can be done about it.

Rocketvapor

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • awarded title of SIR ARSE
Re: What on Earth is everyone else doing with 32 ACP?!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 01:19:15 PM »
I imagine most ammo manufacturers are concentrating on more popular ammo calibers before putting out massive quantities of 32 ACP.

If you watch SportmansGuide for a free shipping code they have some 32 in stock.

You can have my guns knives I-Phone when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

My parents beat the feds at the battle of BunnyHill, and all I got was this stinkin Tee-shirt

panoz77

• Master of Ceremonies
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 04:38:38 PM »
All those people who purchased those micro CC guns in the last few years.

I'm not gay, but he was a handsome man.

peacecraft

• SKS Expert
    • Misfile - The Online Comic
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 07:02:54 PM »
Actually it's one of the few calibers that always seemed to be in stock during this year's panic at my lgs.  Guess it's just regional.

bumthum

• SKS Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 07:17:14 PM »
Some gun shops around here have one or two boxes in stock but it is always high end self defense ammo.  I am not interested in paying $32 (and up) for 20 rounds of defense ammo when all I want to do is shoot.

32 ACP is extremely popular in many European countries, where more powerful handgun ammo is often illegal, and many European surplus pistols are chambered for it.  Companies like PPU, S&B, etc., also make a lot of the ammo on the European market so I would guess that there is plenty being made, just not being ordered in enough bulk for importation here because there is more of a market in the U.S. for other calibers.  Still, an entire shipment wiped out within an hour or so, that is just panic buying/hoarding at work and it bums me out.  I have no idea when more will come in, I waited several months to get a shot at this load.

Rocketvapor

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 07:30:32 PM »
Wideners and Sportmansguide has it for much less than that.  If you only buy one box then I guess the shipping will eat you up.  5 to 10 boxes, not so much.   

My parents beat the feds at the battle of BunnyHill, and all I got was this stinkin Tee-shirt

bumthum

• SKS Guru
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 07:54:51 PM »
I didn't see any 32 ACP at Sportsmans Guide... only 32 S&W.  Cabelas has Herters for $18.99/box but the S&H and tax drive the price up to $25/box if only a few boxes are puchased, I don't plan on shooting it enough to justify that amount of money.

maloy

• Nothing suspicious here!
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
I can't go to hell, Satan still has a restraining order against me!

bumthum

• SKS Guru
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 08:58:25 PM »
No dice... two box limit and more than $15 for shipping makes it like $23.50 per box...  Midway didn't have anything else I needed in stock so no spreading the shipping costs.

Rocketvapor

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 09:33:57 PM »
SportmansGuide
FiocchiŽ Shooting Dynamics .32 Auto (7.65mm) 73 Grain FMJ 50 rounds
Price: $13.99
Product: WX2-15238
In Stock.

Widener's
PPU32F Prvi Partizan Ammunition 32 ACP 71 Grain FMJ $12.00 /50 or $139.08/600

bumthum

• SKS Guru
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 09:55:04 PM »
SportmansGuide
FiocchiŽ Shooting Dynamics .32 Auto (7.65mm) 73 Grain FMJ 50 rounds
Price: $13.99
Product: WX2-15238
In Stock.

Thank you for the tip!  I didn't see the Fiocchi when I was looking before... getting approval right now.

Xmilkk

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 10:02:13 PM »
You have the free shipping code for today if the order is over $99?

bumthum

• SKS Guru
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 10:03:47 PM »
I couldn't afford that much right now anyway... money is a bit tight for plinking.

Rocketvapor

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 10:06:51 PM »
It's going to be tight getting the order shipped tomorrow and they may have a long weekend planned.
I would guess it goes out Monday.

FMJ

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 01:19:46 PM »
Some gun shops around here have one or two boxes in stock but it is always high end self defense ammo.  I am not interested in paying $32 (and up) for 20 rounds of defense ammo when all I want to do is shoot.

32 ACP is extremely popular in many European countries, where more powerful handgun ammo is often illegal, and many European surplus pistols are chambered for it.  Companies like PPU, S&B, etc., also make a lot of the ammo on the European market so I would guess that there is plenty being made, just not being ordered in enough bulk for importation here because there is more of a market in the U.S. for other calibers.  Still, an entire shipment wiped out within an hour or so, that is just panic buying/hoarding at work and it bums me out.  I have no idea when more will come in, I waited several months to get a shot at this load.
  Well listen to this. While I am on several "notify me" lists at AIM, 32 ACP is NOT one of them yet I got the notification it was in stock also. Curious as to why I checked the site thinking it was one of the other calibers I was waiting for, but it was for 32 ACP which was like you said "SOLD OUT". Being notified of the 32 ACP struck me as strange. AIM is #1 in my book.
Keen like a coyote, and sly like the fox, will sit here and listen, in my drawers and my socks.