Author Topic: bullpup trigger upgrades  (Read 491 times)

skizzums

• SKS Newbie
bullpup trigger upgrades
« on: August 09, 2013, 06:50:55 PM »
hey guys, new to the forum, have owned and love sks's for about 5 years now. i own many guns, but my sgworks pup has always been my fav, also my first. just wondering what others have done to tighten up their triggers and any other helpful hints and upgrades for the bullpup that maybe i haven't heard yet. thanks

Terminal Lance

• SKS Newbie
Re: bullpup trigger upgrades
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 08:28:23 PM »
There was a very detailed post about this problem and the solution. Look around for a sticky post on the topic since the solution was simple and effective. Too bad the search function is still 03F.

Good Luck
"Live Free or Die: Death is Not the Worst of Evils" Major General John Stark

panoz77

• Master of Ceremonies
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 10:08:37 AM »
The fix utilizes about $10 worth of RC plane parts that include a tiny turnbuckle.  I have a set that I bought and have not installed yet, my trigger linkage on my SG works bullpup is pretty good and I haven't had any problems yet.

I'm not gay, but he was a handsome man.

panoz77

• Master of Ceremonies
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 10:19:27 AM »
I haven't had any issues with the red dot on the SGW stock I have.

For the trigger linkage, that is another issue. Her's what I did. I went to my local RC airplane store and picked up a 1/4 scale "turnbuckle" and a couple of small screws and nuts for the screws. Cut of the wire rod, but leave enough to put a 100-110 degree bend on the rear end. Drill out the holes on the turnbuckle to fit the rod and the screws. Screw one of the screws up through the trigger plate and put the (extended) turnbuckle on the rod and the screw, add the nut to held it all in place. You likely will have to remove some of the polymer so all of this new linkage will clear. Adjust the turnbuckle until you have the lash you want, lock it down and go shoot. There was a thread with pix around here somewhere.

Marcus

There is a nut that tightens the screw on the tail end that is off.

Marcus

I'm not gay, but he was a handsome man.