Author Topic: SGworks SKS Bullpup updated version  (Read 525 times)

raynstacy

• SKS Newbie
SGworks SKS Bullpup updated version
« on: December 07, 2013, 07:18:02 PM »
I ordered the stock last sunday before SGworks raised their prices. I got fedex tracking by Monday and received it yesterday afternoon.
It came assembled together and had to basically break it down so I can start installation.  I had already removed the rear sight when I installed techsights on my Chinese SKS. Also did the bolt mod with my bench grinder.

Installation went smoothly but needed to remove one of the spacers to make the the receiver fit into the stock. Just had to loosen a screw and lift up the plates and pull over the trigger wire/cable. I went with the .060" plated and it was snug. I had a little issue with the ball detent as someone before had mentioned dabbing some Vaseline or grease to hold the ball in place, but I was able to get the safety on after a few tries. Installed the trigger linkage assembly and it was good to go with no adjustments needed.

I proceeded installing the upper handguard but needed to sand the wood spacer and the plastic above the rear sight block. Shernic included thumbscrews to secure it to the main body which is a nice upgrade.

The rest was straightforward, attaching the two buttplates making sure that the single short screw went to the correct hole. The extended mag release needed a little bending to make it snug and play free.

The upgraded receiver went on and was secured with a pin. I had to grind a little off the original takedown pin to make it fit on the cover. The ejection door is now reinforced and held down by a metal latch pin.
Went to the range today and sighted in the dot scope and was pleased with the whole gun. The barreled receiver was tight with no play after shooting and doing basic take down was quite simple with the rear hold down pin and 8 thumbscrews.

montes78Alby sks

• SKS Shooter
Re: SGworks SKS Bullpup updated version
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:38:22 PM »
Did you use a riser for your red dot?

I'm running the Bushnell trs-25 and had to use the med riser from UTG to line up better with my eye.
I hope in the future, SGW will re deign their receiver cover to cover the pin on the dust cover, just looks weird having that thing sticking out there.

Do you have any plans to remove the front sight block?

raynstacy

• SKS Newbie
Re: SGworks SKS Bullpup updated version
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 11:16:10 PM »
It is a utg red/green dot scope and came with that mount and a riser mount. Seems ok with current mount but I'll probably try the riser soon. Agree on the takedown pin, they could've covered it by making that area bulge out a bit to make room for it. Tried pounding out the fsb with no movement. I just grinded off the sight and bayonet mount with future plans to cut and thread the barrel.