Author Topic: My new Hi Point 995TS  (Read 1078 times)

rickofitall

• SKS Gunsmith
Re: My new Hi Point 995TS
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2014, 04:35:07 PM »
One of the truly great tragedies of the gun world is that Hi Point doesn't rework the carbine to take Glock mags.
You could go from a 10-rd commie-state-legal to the 33-rd G18 mags with stops at 15 and 17.
Sales would go crazy I would predict.

Kel Tec already has that market.  I did read over at the hipoint forum that Hipoint was developing a higher capacity factory mag, probably 15 rounds because of the single stack.

I would venture to say the price point is so far different as to put it in a whole different market even though they accomplish the same thing.

The price points in my area are about $10 apart.  My 995TS was $289 and my Kel Tec Sub 2000 9mm was $299, what the heck are you paying for a Subby in your area?  The older 995 were under $200, so then they were about $100 different, but not anymore.
I haven't checked prices in at least 6 months so I could be way off. In the middle of the panic the Sub 2000 was going for way more while the Hi Point was only a little up, if you could find one. Plus I was in CA.

You comparing panic prices??????????  :?
Unintentionally. I just didn't think about it.
"The only way it all makes sense
Don't vote for, vote against"
-The Anti-Heros

sheepdog

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • BIG MONEY GRIFF
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2014, 09:14:58 PM »
I didn't know you ever purchased anything that wasn't at least 50 years old and made of steel & some kind of hardwood!  :lol:

I'm just as surprised as scary mike that you purchased an EBR....  :shock:

Hopefully I'll be able to see it in action as the hog hunt! I have an interview this upcoming Tuesday and if everything works out the next Police Academy starts in April  8)

Bwhahahaha   :toothy5:   another sheepdog to give the old fart some grief!   :lol: \:D/ :evil4:  :thumbup: :toothy7:  =D>  :violent3: :cya:
 LIVE FROM THE DOGHOUSE

Magnumdude

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Expert
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2014, 10:09:16 PM »
That just too cool, and inexpensive. 
The wife and I usually swap back and front, I buy a gun, she buys a gun, she bought a Swedish Mauser, I bought a Spanish Mauser (hers).  Now she is looking at guns again.  Something just doesn't seem right  :-s
That would be cool and cheap to shoot. 
The ATI stock might have issue with the new 995TS
"Does not fit the new Hi-Point 995TS"

Wow!  My wife and I have a relationship structured that way, just the outcomes are different.  I buy a gun, my wife gets mad.  I buy another gun my wife gets furious.  If I even talk about buying another gun in the next 4 months all my underwear, clothes and toys would piled up in the front yard and the locks to the house would be changed.
Dialing distance is for amateurs, calling wind is for professionals

Hoosierquest

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2014, 10:32:59 PM »
That just too cool, and inexpensive. 
The wife and I usually swap back and front, I buy a gun, she buys a gun, she bought a Swedish Mauser, I bought a Spanish Mauser (hers).  Now she is looking at guns again.  Something just doesn't seem right  :-s
That would be cool and cheap to shoot. 
The ATI stock might have issue with the new 995TS
"Does not fit the new Hi-Point 995TS"

Wow!  My wife and I have a relationship structured that way, just the outcomes are different.  I buy a gun, my wife gets mad.  I buy another gun my wife gets furious.  If I even talk about buying another gun in the next 4 months all my underwear, clothes and toys would piled up in the front yard and the locks to the house would be changed.

I bought my wife one of those pandora bracelets for Christmas, you know the ones with the little charms?
Any way she told me the other day every time I buy a new gun she gets a charm!  Lol. Score. Works for me.  8).  Btw the average charms run from $35-$65. I think I am coming out ahead here.

exhausting

• SKS Expert
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2014, 10:47:42 PM »
I picked up a 995ts Sunday. Hopefully this snow garbage stops soon so can play.
Hind sight is always 20/20, but looking back its still a bit fuzzy.

bobbers

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2014, 06:44:14 AM »

You're gonna love it.  Hoot to shoot, no question about it.  What caliber did you snag?

exhausting

• SKS Expert
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2014, 08:32:26 AM »

You're gonna love it.  Hoot to shoot, no question about it.  What caliber did you snag?

9mm. Wish I would of saved that mag I sold you!
Hind sight is always 20/20, but looking back its still a bit fuzzy.

bobbers

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2014, 08:35:33 AM »

9mm. Wish I would of saved that mag I sold you!

And, as has been nicely pointed out to me, the 995 is a 9mm, the 4095 is, lemme guess, a .40, etc.   :banghead: :banghead:
Sorry bout the mag, I'm likin' it... :lol: