Author Topic: Improve trigger pull on Hi-Point 995  (Read 1668 times)

KenB

• SKS Sniper
Improve trigger pull on Hi-Point 995
« on: June 12, 2006, 08:47:03 AM »
Hello,
I have a Hi-Point 995 carbine that I like overall. However, the trigger pull leaves much to be desired. Have any of you done anything to the triggers of your Hi-Point firearms, and if so how did it come out? I know this is a lipstick on a pig type suggestion but I like to tinker with things.
Thanks,
Ken
Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state. - Michigan Constitution Art. I, 6

Toad

• HMFIC
  • Global Moderator
  • SKS Guru
  • C'mon boys. Smokes, Let's Go!
    • OBEY!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 11:34:43 AM »
I saw something on a forum where someone reccomended dropping a piece of pencil eraser behind the trigger. It was supposed to eliminate some of the take up.......Sounds bubba, don't it?
Prepping and Survival...see Survivor's sister board, http://survivorsprepboard.com/smf/

Lafayettegregory

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 11:38:44 AM »
You guys keep talking about these guns and I am going to have to get one. There sure seems to be a lot of attention for a $169.00 new gun.

aaronrkelly

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 01:22:40 AM »
I have heard they get ALOT better with shooting.....maybe just buy 1K rounds of 9mm and blast away??  8)
When injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe