Author Topic: stripper clips That work  (Read 1299 times)

vz2452

• SKS Gunsmith
  • Rifles in avitar last seen in Gulf of Mexico.
stripper clips That work
« on: January 26, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »
Where can you find mosin nagant and 98 mauser stripper clips that actually work?

I have 5 stripper clips for my mosin that have a stamping on the back that looks like the Russian Izzy logo that work like a champ. Does anybody know were I can find some more?

GTwannabe

• SKS Sniper
Re: stripper clips That work
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 02:53:51 PM »
There is a guy on Ebay that sells brass reproduction stripper clips for the Mosin Nagant.  They're copied from the correct Soviet clips, not the Chinese junk.

burns_ze

• SKS Gunsmith
  • Ellos me llaman el chico blanco loco
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 03:38:55 PM »
The Mauser strippers are every where. Just buy a crate of surplus shells. Make sure to get the shiny steel looking ones though. The aluminum and brass are only good for one go while the steel can be used forever

As for the Mosin the guy on ebay makes excellent ones from brass and has free shipping. The work good in all of mine.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold"- Bob Marley

withergyld

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • Resident Turd Herder
    • http://yugosks.net
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 07:22:50 PM »
A friend of mine is a dealer.  He had a few packs of the strippers with the Tikka logo on them (T in triangle in circle).  They looked to be real not repros.  If you would like I check and see if he still has some.  He had them priced at $6 for 5 clips.
My web pages have moved to http://yugosks.net  Please update your bookmarks.

4 8 15 16 23 42

maz43

• SKS Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 09:19:32 PM »
 The Tikka stripper clips work really well. I found some at a gun show and I think cheaper than dirt has them listed. They are original-not repros.
 The one piece Mauser strippers are junk IMHO. The two piece steel and brass ones work great.

thresher_593

• SKS Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 09:28:22 PM »
The strippers on the Romy 8mm work on every Mod 98 I have. They have a black park finish. My wife just threw about 50 of them away because she thought they were junk.
I'm just holdin' the tail. You guys are the one's pumpin' the cat.

LittleJoe

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 10:13:22 PM »
Look for 7.62x54r ammo in yelow boxes with german labels.  It's czech ammo on 2 stripper clips, and they work great.

-Joe-
'67 yugo sks, '53 hungarian m44, '52 enfield no.4 mk2, marlin mod. 336cs, marlin mod. 60, glenfield mod. 25, Remmington mod. 522 viper, nef pardner 20ga, ruger p95.

Molwn labh!

vz2452

• SKS Gunsmith
  • Rifles in avitar last seen in Gulf of Mexico.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 09:44:07 AM »
Thank you guys.
I bought 20 tikka strippers from the John Mason site and they work great.
Now I just need some for my mauser, I have a bunch from the three bandleers of Turkish ammo I had but they wore out after using them a few times. I think there is a gun show in pasadina this weekend, I guess i'll go and see if I can find the ammo loaded on strippers you guys talked about, I would hate to order some off the enternet just to find out they dont come with them.