Author Topic: drum clip  (Read 5957 times)

Wilson

• Ripoff Artist
  • SKS Gunsmith
Re: drum clip
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 07:22:42 AM »
Looks like it isn't coming up into the action far enough.

You may have to modify (shave off) the wood some.

BB

+1 .....     BB is right, because of the angle it's on you may have to take some off the stock in order for it to fit correctly. Just mark the area where it's rubbing and take off a little at a time until it slides in far enough to function.
Quote from: Thed
My suggestion would be to give him his own user group and title. Call it "Special" or "Shortbus".... maybe "Gimpy 'tard".

NCLivingBrit

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 07:28:53 AM »
Ok, I might be tempted to make myself one of those....... anyone else tried it?
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done. - George Carlin

masterjeem

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 08:28:28 AM »
haha i knew it was gonna become an item on here. if i really cant get it to work, i would gladly ship it to the highest bidder. however, i am getting a t-6 in on monday so if i'm to do anything to the stock i'll wait and see with that one. i know its hard to tell from the picture but that bullet is sitting flush with the metal that is directly underneath the chamber. so its gotta go up a good 1/8 inch.

Wilson

• Ripoff Artist
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 09:55:01 AM »
haha i knew it was gonna become an item on here. if i really cant get it to work, i would gladly ship it to the highest bidder. however, i am getting a t-6 in on monday so if i'm to do anything to the stock i'll wait and see with that one. i know its hard to tell from the picture but that bullet is sitting flush with the metal that is directly underneath the chamber. so its gotta go up a good 1/8 inch.

Ramp job plus a little material removed from the stock and your golden.
My suggestion would be to give him his own user group and title. Call it "Special" or "Shortbus".... maybe "Gimpy 'tard".

masterjeem

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 05:52:10 PM »
i just put on the t-6 and it looks amazing. pictures coming soon. i'm going to try the ramp job possibly this weekend, but i'm not sure if its going to give me enough clearance. plus the drum seems to be holding on to the bullets a little bit tight. i know a metal fabricator that would be more than happy to take a look at it for me. i'm sure i'll be bump firing 75 rounds outta this thing in a week

masterjeem

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 07:04:44 PM »
and here we have the before and after

masterjeem

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 08:31:35 PM »
feed ramp didnt do a thing

masterjeem

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 09:03:27 PM »
alright, who wants this thing? i'm done pissing with it

galahad

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
  • The old fart in TEXAS
    • Survivor's SKS Boards
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 09:04:53 PM »
I'm interested.  PM me a price.

"I would rather suffer from too much freedom, than not enough."  Heimdhal
"Free people need free markets - or they aren't free."  Gibson_GM

Wilson

• Ripoff Artist
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2007, 09:32:11 PM »
I'm interested.  PM me a price.

damnit

masterjeem

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 09:59:06 PM »
obviously there are a lot of people that probably want this. let me know how much  you'd be willing to pay pm or email me. my email is listed above. this is NOT a bad clip, it just needs some adjustments that i'm not willing to take the risk of doing, mainly because i dont exactly know what i'm doing and i dont want to risk breaking it. cash is worth more to me than a clip at this point

Wilson

• Ripoff Artist
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 10:06:32 PM »
This isn't an auction site, if you are trying to get the maximum price for your drum mag then go to gunbroker.com. Nobody in their right mind here is going to pay an outlandish price, considering you just told everyone how much it cost you.

masterjeem

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 10:10:16 PM »
i realize that, i'm not trying to do solicit anything here, but you guys all seem to want it and i'd be stupid not to see how much i could get for it, know what i mean? i wish there was a way i could put this on an auction and set it up so that only you guys could bid on it. the only reason i'm not willing to let it go right away is because i know that i will NEVER see one again.

galahad

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
  • The old fart in TEXAS
    • Survivor's SKS Boards
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2007, 10:13:05 PM »
To be honest, I think you're being just a bit greedy.  I offered you two and a half times more than you paid for it.  As far as I'm concerned you can put it up on gunbroker and take your chances.

"I would rather suffer from too much freedom, than not enough."  Heimdhal
"Free people need free markets - or they aren't free."  Gibson_GM

masterjeem

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 10:16:43 PM »
i'm sorry tom, i didnt mean to sound greedy. i was just hoping to keep it between the guys on this site. if its going to cause problems, i wont sell it at all. i'm not here to make enemies. i was actually planning on that if i DID sell it to someone on this site i would donate half of whatever i made on the thing to the site. no only have you all helped me, but if i sold it to one of you, i would only be hoping to help out the community. i dont have a whole lot of knowledge to give on here. but i guess you're right. i'm just greedy