Author Topic: Price Check: SKS Paratrooper NIB  (Read 2612 times)

TBONE

• SKS Newbie
Price Check: SKS Paratrooper NIB
« on: December 15, 2007, 10:52:37 AM »
What is an acceptable price to ask for a NIB Norinco Paratrooper, matching numbers, pinned barrel, pressed trigger assembly, spike bayonet?  Thanks.

beachbumwithagun

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • NRA Lifetime Member
Re: Price Check: SKS Paratrooper NIB
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 11:25:21 AM »
between $200 and $250

8)
easy credit gave some people the life they thought they deserved not the life they could afford

anyone that will give up liberty for security deserves neither....Ben Frankl

Centuryhouse

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 04:51:54 PM »
$150 if you're selling to me  :lol:

Otherwise, between $275-300.

galahad

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
  • The old fart in TEXAS
    • Survivor's SKS Boards
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 08:03:42 PM »
$250 tops.  Check it against this Russian......  http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=34256.0

"I would rather suffer from too much freedom, than not enough."  Heimdhal
"Free people need free markets - or they aren't free."  Gibson_GM

TBONE

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 09:29:55 AM »
It's funny how you all give a low ball number when you are interested in buying.  But when you are selling the number magically gets inflated.  Based on market comparisons here in Maryland my rifle should sell for around $300-$350 EASY.  I have called numerous gun shops in other parts of the country and have found varying quotes with $290 being the lowest for NIB.  There are pawn shops and gun shops here in MD trying to sell regular sks's w/20" barrel,  no accesories, crap wood and have been shot for $250.    I was at a gun show in Harrisburg, PA last weekend and saw crap SKS rifles for sale for $275. I will be damn'ed if I sell my NIB para for atleast $300.

It is 2007 not 1997.  Prices on all guns have gone up.  I bought a milled MAK90 NIB in 1993 for $200.00.  Now they are selling NIB for $600-$700.  SKS could be had for $90-$100 a piece when no one wanted one and that was only just 10-15 years ago.  Now they sell for various prices.  Depends on when a sucker bites the bate I guess. 

Thanks for the input gents.   

pit-sitter

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 10:59:51 AM »
So sorry that you did not get the answer you expected.
You must have been hoping for somebody to PM you with a $500 offer.
If you wanna hear God laugh, tell him your plans.

bch7773

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 11:16:57 AM »
It's funny how you all give a low ball number when you are interested in buying.  But when you are selling the number magically gets inflated.  Based on market comparisons here in Maryland my rifle should sell for around $300-$350 EASY.  I have called numerous gun shops in other parts of the country and have found varying quotes with $290 being the lowest for NIB.  There are pawn shops and gun shops here in MD trying to sell regular sks's w/20" barrel,  no accesories, crap wood and have been shot for $250.    I was at a gun show in Harrisburg, PA last weekend and saw crap SKS rifles for sale for $275. I will be damn'ed if I sell my NIB para for atleast $300.

It is 2007 not 1997.  Prices on all guns have gone up.  I bought a milled MAK90 NIB in 1993 for $200.00.  Now they are selling NIB for $600-$700.  SKS could be had for $90-$100 a piece when no one wanted one and that was only just 10-15 years ago.  Now they sell for various prices.  Depends on when a sucker bites the bate I guess. 

if you already knew the value, why did you ask everyone?  :?
guns be funs

TBONE

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 11:18:51 AM »
I wasn't sure before I asked the question.  Thought I would get some advice here since it is an SKS forum.  Then did more research elsewere.   Thanks. 

galahad

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
  • The old fart in TEXAS
    • Survivor's SKS Boards
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 11:52:52 AM »
Depends on when a sucker bites the bate I guess. 
[shrug]  They may be going for that in Maryland but in Texas only a sucker would pay Russian prices for a Chinese.  The Chinese is the least valuable the SKS's, even the Yugo has passed it in many places.  When you price the same as a brick and mortar gun shop or pawn shop where rifles often sit for over six months and where the owner has to recoup the cost of the building, paying employees, paying taxes, etc., and has to have margins of 50% and up, well, good luck selling it. 

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=87066977

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=87078578

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=87178086

So, IN MY OPINION, you can sell it relatively quickly for $225-$250 as originally estimated, you can put it on gunbroker with whatever reserve you want and see what happens, or you can offer it privately at whatever price you wish and see if you can get lucky. 

beachbumwithagun

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • NRA Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 12:26:51 PM »

TBONE if you want to take $200 for it I will buy it, for $250 I will pass. I have between 15 and 20 paras in different configurations including type 84's cowboy companions with scopes, etc. I have a least 6 that are like yours. If you think they are worth $500 I will sell you all of them at $400 each. I'll even pay the shipping.  8)

guess this guy stole this one, too much for me though I'm a cheapskate  :lol:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=83117016

this one was interesting it's a skss. has the shorter gas tube. always wondered if skss was sks short? :?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=82953834

I really liked this one with the blade bayonet. I might have payed that much but it only lasted 9.5 hours. I saw it after it was sold. :cry:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=86426732

also the shops you called told you the prices they are asking for the ones they have. did you ask them what they would pay you for yours? :shock:

a vendor at shows here in nc has had a sks-M on his table for 2 years priced at $650. over the years I wonder how many sks-M owners have seen it and thought that their sks-M was worth that much.

TBONE what you have sound like a great little carbine and If I were you I would never sell it.  8)
If you did buy any of my paras I would only start looking for others to replace them. half the fun is the hunt.  :lol:

also if anyone here is lowballing in public and then PMing you an offer please bring it public or let someone know. something tells me that person may find themselfs on the hot seat. I've been around here for a while now and most the guys here very honorable. stick around for a while and you will see.

8)
easy credit gave some people the life they thought they deserved not the life they could afford

anyone that will give up liberty for security deserves neither....Ben Frankl

galahad

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
  • The old fart in TEXAS
    • Survivor's SKS Boards
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 12:42:43 PM »
TBONE if you want to take $200 for it I will buy it, for $250 I will pass.
I offered him $225.  That's all I'm willing to pay.  But I'd pay it for any unfired paratrooper as I don't really care about the box, sling, etc..   Frankly I don't understand why people will pay more for a Chinese that has been altered for nothing more than marketing purposes.   To me they are worth less than a pristine triangle 26, especially when they have a blade bayonet with the correct notch in the front flange.

Ronny

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 05:16:30 PM »
T-bone, I think you're more right than wrong.  But you're gonna have to take it to a good gun show and walk around with it, or put it on GunBroker, to be sure.  The estimates you're gonna get on this site will be on the low side.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything; really helps when you get old.

Centuryhouse

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 05:12:26 PM »
The estimates you're gonna get on this site will be on the low side.

I would agree with that.

The Paratrooper I just sold went for $275. At gun shows I have seen people buy them at $275-300.

I personally like the paratrooper models and wouldn't mind having another when money allows. If I could find one in the $200-250 range I'd probably grab it (and I'm cheap, haha).

fungun2

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 05:37:36 PM »
i didin have any trouble in ky this summer selling a para. for 300.00 the area your in can make a big difference.

Russ in PA

• SKS Expert
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 07:08:20 PM »
When you say "NIB", you are saying that the gun is unfired, in the original carton with accessories?  I would pay $300. all day long for that, and I already have two.