Author Topic: Obama just outlawed SKS's!  (Read 2383 times)

projo198

• FAILING AT LIFE, BUT DOING IT GLORIOUSLY.
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • <<amazingly witty comment>>
Obama just outlawed SKS's!
« on: November 17, 2008, 03:45:16 PM »
Just saw this on a local gun sale ad..

"These are absolutly brand new, never messed with at all. Obama already has the assault weapon ban in place its ''''H.R. 6257: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008''''

http://www.kcguntrader.com/viewad.asp?id=50002730776100216

Wow, I didn't know the president elect started implementing federal actions a week after elections.. We better hurry!!
Joint our Secret Santa exchange this year!!

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=125090.0;topicseen

N2daizo123

• SKS Newbie
Re: Obama just outlawed SKS's!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 03:52:31 PM »
Great i knew this was coming.
“The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.”

BigV

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Marksman
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 04:05:27 PM »
Don't get your panties in a bunch.

HR6257 was introduced on june 12th 2008 and died in committee.  It is the companion to the Senate bill that everyone has been worked up about.
The family that shoots together, survives the zombie hoard together.

Hodgie

• World renowned Failure
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Kicking Ass since 77
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 04:10:03 PM »
Wow that guy is really getting overboard with that ad!
Red Ryder BB Gun with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.

chainsaw

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • May the Shwartz be with you
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 04:17:23 PM »
When and if this Ban takes place,Doesn't it just affect new sales of said weapons?Or does it mean every sks or ak in the country is illegalto own?
Build a man a fire,he'll stay warm for a night.Set a man on fire,he'll stay warm for the rest of his life.

Blakeman

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »
Wow, I didn't know the president elect started implementing federal actions a week after elections.. We better hurry!!

It was actually put together by your friendly neighborhood Republicans. This is why party affiliation doesn't mean crap.
"The word bipartisan means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out." – George Carlin

marcodelat

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 04:24:06 PM »
Wow that guy is really getting overboard with that ad!

Yeah... "get 'em while you can..."

Well, Guess if some folks wait till just the right time some might be available cheap - up on some sort of "fire sale"... or "liquidation of inventory sale".

Logical, ain't it?

Spinich

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 04:30:16 PM »
Well, I just hope a bunch of people that don't really care for owning guns run out and panic buy now. Then we can reap the fruits of a fresh harvest in a few years when they sell them off. ie: Y2K :lol:
"The People" in the 1st, 4th, 9th, and 10th Amendments means the people, but "The People" in the 2nd Amendment means the National Guard.

MoonDog

• SKS Newbie
  • Divide and Conquer
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 04:52:49 PM »
Well, I just hope a bunch of people that don't really care for owning guns run out and panic buy now. Then we can reap the fruits of a fresh harvest in a few years when they sell them off. ie: Y2K :lol:

Absolutely!
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.-Ben Franklin

gunlover

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • BANNED
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 06:55:59 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You need to get some better glasses and read from the horses mouth.........

REPUBLICANS WEAPONS BAN, NOT OBAMA'S....  It has been said over and over again they ALL want your weapons, and Obama can not enact anything as of right now he does not have the power....

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6257
"No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson & Gunlover

just for fun

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 07:22:51 PM »
    Politicians are inherently dishonest people.
I'd like to think or an arguement for that statement ,but none come to mind! :sad11:
NEVER scare old people- they WILL kill you

mjm9536

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 08:14:49 PM »
The sad truth is there are people out there that will read stuff like that and believe it without a second thought....forget realizing Obama isn't even in office

Greatguns

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 09:08:49 PM »
Projo, you can probably vouch for this as well that KC is a squirrelly market. This guy probably got this SKS for a song several years ago and is hard up for cash and is pulling out all the stops to get someone to buy a junky SKS for more than it is worth. I buy and sell on kcguntrader from time to time and have seen just about everything on it. Notice no pics?

ryderhard

• SKS Plinker
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 09:43:06 PM »
And I thought George Bush was our President.

Go figure.

OkieGoat

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 10:36:06 PM »
  You got that right, gunlover.  Gun controll is about power, not about public safety like Sarah Brady would have us think.  Guns are power, and the state does not share power joyfully.  There isn't a politician on either side of the isle who doesn't privately feel that way.  I firmly believe that even the politicians who endorse our rights only do so out of a desire to pander for our votes.  Politicians are inherently dishonest people.

I'm not so sure I believe that.  I would never be able to disprove your claim as it is impossible to prove a person's thoughts.  We can only judge by his actions.

Here is a basic rundown on the voting record of a man I am proud to have voted for several times.
http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/James_Inhofe_Gun_Control.htm
Beer in hand, gun in the night stand, Bible on the coffee table...welcome to the REAL America.

And we'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing
Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses.
-Toby Kieth