Author Topic: elk river ak-47  (Read 1985 times)

gizmo

• SKS Newbie
elk river ak-47
« on: November 24, 2008, 05:17:45 PM »
hello everyone a friend of mine purchased a elk river ak-47 in a synthetic stock it looks something like tapco brand but it's not he paid like 550.00 for it here in kentucky new in box are these ak's any good are they made up with other ak kits and using a elk river receiver on the receiver is elk river houston texas any info. would help thank you

Bigdog

• SKS Plinker
Re: elk river ak-47
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 06:40:51 PM »
elk river is just a receiver manufacturer , more than likely it is a romanian "g " kit built on it with kvar furniture but not sure , we need a pic or more info . price was good though .

gizmo

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 02:14:11 AM »
don't know how to put pic on here i'v got  no digital camra he has it in layaway thanks for the info.

1manmafia

• SKS Marksman
  • "Live and learn, or die and burn."
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 10:41:26 AM »
Elk River is formerly Arsenal USA/Global Trades. I visited their warehouse a couple of months back in order to see if they had some extra Hungarian stock parts. The only stock part ther didn't have was the buttstock (which was the only thing I really needed :evil:). They were super helpful and made every effort to try to help me out. I have been putting off calling them and setting up a build. But at a time when WASR's are selling for $650 at a local gunshow, I would say your friend got a good price.
"Be careful to entertain strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unaware."