Author Topic: yugo only shoots once, does not eject shot shell and reload...  (Read 1696 times)

thelubeman

• SKS Newbie
Well I got a used sks yugo m59/66 with a launcher on the end. It only shoots one shot off and does not eject the shot shell and take a new one. It is also missing the front sights and knife. But I want to get it more tactical for modern times. Any ideas? Thank you!

1bdmar

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
Re: yugo only shoots once, does not eject shot shell and reload...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 09:25:07 PM »
There is a button per say at the end of the barrel right behind where the front site used to be! That button should be to the side not at the top!

Welcome to the boards and use the search button for this matter has been discussed more than enough times! 8)
For we are many.................

yugo_chris85

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Marksman
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 09:51:44 PM »
Just search for cycle issues and i'm sure you will find more than enough info.....

It basicly boils down to wore out and pitted gas valves and gas tubes or cosmoline.

thelubeman

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 10:06:24 AM »
I thank you for your help! It looks like I get to tear it down now.

WDfrmTN

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Ah....what the heck were we talking about?
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 10:20:15 AM »
I thank you for your help! It looks like I get to tear it down now.
A detailed strip & clean is the first order of business. I never even shoot brand new weapons until I've done so.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:40:43 AM by WDfrmTN »
"Life's tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne

"Seek to understand before you seek to be understood."

"Hew to the line and let the chips fall where they may."

shemhamforash

• SKS Sniper
  • Gimmie' back my bullets.....
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 01:30:25 AM »
yep, clean it and turn the lil' button to the right and let us know what happens....................cause i'll lose sleep over this........come on man, what's a happenin'?!?
As the rights are squeezed the people bleed, but as the blood flows, the resistance grows...........

WDfrmTN

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Ah....what the heck were we talking about?
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 01:43:42 AM »
Well I got a used sks yugo m59/66 with a launcher on the end. It only shoots one shot off and does not eject the shot shell and take a new one. It is also missing the front sights and knife. But I want to get it more tactical for modern times. Any ideas? Thank you!
I missed the part in red earlier. Replace to keep C&R status, or go "ten or less" imported parts for 922r compliance.
Download the .xls spreadsheet from the "SKS Legal Issues" section, click the Yugo tab on the bottom, and start the parts count. 
"Life's tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne

"Seek to understand before you seek to be understood."

"Hew to the line and let the chips fall where they may."

yugo_chris85

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Marksman
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 08:41:05 PM »
I wish I would have bought some yugos and norincos before all this obamanation hoopla!  :roll:

outdrsmn82

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 12:20:50 PM »
im glad i got one in time. i just picked up an almost new yugo. its a factory refurb. great condition. dont like the stock thats why i sold my last one. shoot i didnt know they had the tapco stock n such or else i wouldve kept my other one.

keep us posted cuz a bud of mine is having the same probs with his.

outdrsmn82

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 09:31:38 AM »
im glad i got one in time. i just picked up an almost new yugo. its a factory refurb. great condition. dont like the stock thats why i sold my last one. shoot i didnt know they had the tapco stock n such or else i wouldve kept my other one.

figured it out. the gas relief valve was in the "grenade launcher mode" which is the button that holds the GL sight down. if its in the upmost position it causes the gun to work just like a bolt action. all this time and thats all it was. i put it down and it would rapid fire with the best of them. hope this is all thats wrong with yours

neoz28

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 08:08:38 AM »
Thats the most common issue new owners have with a yugo. I remember when I got mine it kept shooting one at a time. I decided to move the knob and what do you know, semi auto!

1bdmar

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 03:14:11 PM »

figured it out. the gas relief valve was in the "grenade launcher mode" which is the button that holds the GL sight down. if its in the upmost position it causes the gun to work just like a bolt action. all this time and thats all it was. i put it down and it would rapid fire with the best of them. hope this is all thats wrong with yours

That's what i said in my earlier post! That's normally the main cause of this!
For we are many.................

• SKS Shooter
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 05:10:06 PM »
"85", a buddy got excited when nobamy was elected and wanted some ammo and 3 SKSs for himself and uncles-they live across from each other. I found him three at $150 each and ammo at $250 per K. He griped horribly about the price and only took two cases. Now he is crying wanting the other one. Now he, like yourself is trying to find cheapos that don't exist. Some just pay no attention to signs on the trails of life like nobamy being from one of the most anti states and his voting/stating against ownership. Now we are reaping the whirlwind of liberal a-- kissing and liberal worship of the "messiah". Next election is coming in just over one and a half year-remember.
Crisis is the absence of preparation
Joseph worked 7 years on theirs