Author Topic: Norinco 56s-1  (Read 2806 times)

unclebucky

• SKS Newbie
Norinco 56s-1
« on: July 30, 2009, 08:27:50 PM »
Found a Norinco 56s-1 at a local gun shop
this weekend.New in the box unfired.Also
a 75 round drum new in original pouch.
The shop wants $1000 for it.I do not have
an AK-47 in my collection and wanted to
know if this is worth the investment.Any
advice would be appreciated. Thanks

gunlover

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • BANNED
Re: Norinco 56s-1
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 08:42:53 PM »
Welcome to the board,

Was it a Mak90? If yes then not worth it.....   GL

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=135329726
"No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson & Gunlover

unclebucky

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 08:50:47 PM »
It is a pre-ban underfolder.

gunlover

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 08:54:17 PM »
It is a pre-ban underfolder.

OK then no bad at all, 5-6 months ago they where asking $1200-1400 for them.....  GL
"No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson & Gunlover

StoveBolt

• SKS Gunsmith
  • In The Hardwoods Up North
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 09:02:08 PM »
Wish it was my local gun shop. I'd grab it.
I'm not a gynacologist, but I'll take a look.  :shock:

beachbumwithagun

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • NRA Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 09:17:56 PM »
not a bad deal. the drum is worth $175. $825 for the rifle is more then fair for a chinese underfolder.

just make sure it is not one of the contraband underfolders. most were in mak90 configuration some not. if it has the 3rd axis pin run away from it.

easy credit gave some people the life they thought they deserved not the life they could afford

anyone that will give up liberty for security deserves neither....Ben Frankl

gunlover

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • BANNED
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 09:25:19 PM »
not a bad deal. the drum is worth $175. $825 for the rifle is more then fair for a chinese underfolder.

just make sure it is not one of the contraband underfolders. most were in mak90 configuration some not. if it has the 3rd axis pin run away from it.

Do you have a pic of what you are talking about? I'd like to see this...  Thx  GL

Lollygagger

• SKS Guru
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 09:47:45 PM »
Norinco type 56-1:

LG  :? (it is a good price for a NIB one & drum in th current market)

beachbumwithagun

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • NRA Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 10:32:31 PM »

Do you have a pic of what you are talking about? I'd like to see this...  Thx  GL

this should clear things up. the third hole has been riveted closed but as our favorite gov boys say "once a full auto always a full auto". if you ever see one of these run away don't walk. 

easy credit gave some people the life they thought they deserved not the life they could afford

gunlover

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • BANNED
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »
So why exactly should a person run away from this type of receiver? Is there something wrong with it or is it just because at one point it was a FA weapon? Thx  GL

beachbumwithagun

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • NRA Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 10:40:57 PM »
So why exactly should a person run away from this type of receiver? Is there something wrong with it or is it just because at one point it was a FA weapon? Thx  GL

it is considered contraband, possession of it will get you a pass to club fed. you will be charged with illegal possession of a machine gun.

Lollygagger

• SKS Guru
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 10:42:12 PM »
So why exactly should a person run away from this type of receiver? Is there something wrong with it or is it just because at one point it was a FA weapon? Thx  GL

Because...

The 3rd "hole" is specific to a FA weapon. So, the ATF in it's wisdom considers the hole to be a "part"...

Making the receiver classifed as a FA receiver.

LG  :? (they go nuts over stuff like this -gives their lives purpose)

gunlover

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 10:52:31 PM »

it is considered contraband, possession of it will get you a pass to club fed. you will be charged with illegal possession of a machine gun.

:shock: even though it is not a FA? So is this your personal receiver that is in your pic? :lol: If so I am sure you have the appropriate papers...  Thx for the info I did not know this another lesson learned....   Why do you use the word contraband? Is it not legal to own if you have the stamp from BATF?  Thx again GL

gunlover

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • BANNED
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 10:55:33 PM »
So why exactly should a person run away from this type of receiver? Is there something wrong with it or is it just because at one point it was a FA weapon? Thx  GL

Because...

The 3rd "hole" is specific to a FA weapon. So, the ATF in it's wisdom considers the hole to be a "part"...

Making the receiver classifed as a FA receiver.

LG  :? (they go nuts over stuff like this -gives their lives purpose)

Just saw you post thank you LG, so here is another question..  So I take my Saiga and put a hole in it in the exact same position and they will claim it to be a FA weapon? 
Is it true that if you even use 1 FA part it would be illegal?

GL

beachbumwithagun

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • NRA Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 11:15:24 PM »

:shock: even though it is not a FA? So is this your personal receiver that is in your pic? :lol: If so I am sure you have the appropriate papers...  Thx for the info I did not know this another lesson learned....   Why do you use the word contraband? Is it not legal to own if you have the stamp from BATF?  Thx again GL

as I stated earlier, the fed's say "once a FA always a FA".

I use contraband because the feds do. here's the reason though. contraband by definition is  2: goods or merchandise whose importation, exportation, or possession is forbidden  ; also : smuggled goods

after the feds realized these were being imported they halted importation and ordered all already here to be turned in.

I'll do you one better. there was an AK BB gun imported from china that was made from a FA AK with an insert in the receiver and barrel. remove that stuff and replace a bolt and carrier and you have a complete FA AK. these are considered contraband too. saw one at a gunshow about a year ago. I ran.