Author Topic: Allied Armament goes belly up, followed by ORF  (Read 5874 times)

beachbumwithagun

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • NRA Lifetime Member
Allied Armament goes belly up, followed by ORF
« on: September 23, 2009, 09:09:38 AM »
Allied Armament out of Oregon has gone bankrupt and closed the doors.

anyone that has sent them money or firearms for repair might want to be concerned.

I almost got burned. ordered some AK parts a few weeks ago, 2 weeks no parts. called today, phone disconnected. checked their website, disabled. called Columbia county sheriff's department and my CC company. Columbia county sheriff Fuller called me back about 6pm to say they were closed with a bankruptcy notice on their door.

from what I have heard they were conducting business and taking peoples money through Monday like nothing was up. the Columbia county DA said a company can commit fraud for the last 2 weeks of existence and get away with it by calling it bad business.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 07:42:43 PM by beachbumwithagun »
easy credit gave some people the life they thought they deserved not the life they could afford

anyone that will give up liberty for security deserves neither....Ben Frankl

Hodgie

• World renowned Failure
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Kicking Ass since 77
Re: Allied Armament goes belly up
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 09:11:26 AM »
Bastards, it's a wonder with business ethics like that they even had a business.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 02:55:09 PM by Hodgie »
Red Ryder BB Gun with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.

clutchdust

• SKS Gunsmith
  • boycott repressed labor chinese goods
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 01:59:24 PM »
What's really sad is the trickle down effect of that.  I feel for the customers that lost their money or parts, but hopefully, it was just hobby stuff.  I've seen several companies in my area go BK and take down several companies with them.  You know, when you do a lot of business with one company and they fold, that leaves you exposed.  Bad times, and I ain't believin' them when they say it's getting all better.

beachbumwithagun

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • NRA Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 02:32:52 PM »
 in case you guys have not heard ORF is right behind them.
http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=110078

I would suggest that everybody use credit cards and pay the surcharge like an insurance policy. that is the only thing that has saved me. if I had used check/debit or money order I would be screwed right now. also as soon as you smell something wrong call your card company and dispute it.

the guys over at the 1919 forum seem to have taken a beaten on this one.
http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27045

there will probably be more to come so be careful out there.

easy credit gave some people the life they thought they deserved not the life they could afford

beachbumwithagun

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • NRA Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 07:41:49 PM »

Onepoint

• Administrator
  • SKS Guru
  • نعم أنا كافرة, شكور ل يسأل!
    • Gary's Gun Shop LLC - Torrington WY
Re: Allied Armament goes belly up, followed by ORF
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 12:07:32 AM »
Craig Synan had asked on theakforum.net that the pic be removed as his parents are getting flooded with call from people looking up his name in the phone book.

I realize times are tough right now for some dealers, but did they not sell anything  during the inlfated post electio demand earlier?
"War is not 'the best way of settling differences; it is the only way of preventing them being settled for you." - G.K.Chesterson /   "Reality is that which, when you refuse to believe, or stop believing in it, does not go away."

www.garysgunshopllc.com

Nick_Fury

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • Samuel L. Jackson? Are you kidding me???
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 01:10:06 AM »
I had some dealings with Allied almost a year ago, and they were a pain in the butt to get an answer out them at that time.  I guess they went downhill from there.  I guess I lucked out.  Now that ORF is going the same route, there aren't that many vendors around with parts.

Ohio Ordnance Works (www.ohioordnanceworks.com) is still up and running, and Iron Creations LLC (http://shop.ironcreationsllc.com) still sells a lot of parts.
The Department of Redundancy Department...

Hodgie

• World renowned Failure
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Kicking Ass since 77
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 08:41:46 AM »
Someone out there will fill the nitch they left behind sooner or later, let's hope they do it a bit better for all concerned parties.

beachbumwithagun

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • NRA Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 09:10:17 AM »
Someone out there will fill the nitch they left behind sooner or later, let's hope they do it a bit better for all concerned parties.

lets not start sending money to the same guys under a different name.

Allied Armament

Not out of business

Were not out of business, we've just scaled back as we no longer sell parts or guns. We are a major contractor for a large manufacturer and only manufacture one product the 50 round drum for the .308 rifle. We liquidated all of our gun parts to one of our owners and he is handling the sales of those through gunbroker. After the sale of which and the discontinuation of our firearm products there was no need for a full time office staff. Our phone lines will be off for the next two months while we move our office back to our shop and set up service for repairs on existing guns and their warranties. All guns will be extended on their warranty by two months because of this. We've never screwed anyone, we just couldn't meet deadlines. Everyone has either gotten their product from us or a refund. Primarily this is the reason why we are only handling two products now. One demand and prediction of which will be manageable, production and parts logistics will be manageable, and customer support will be mangeable, really we just an easily manageable business. When you get to many coals in the fire it becomes uncontrollable and were done beating our heads against the wall trying to make things right. Just do it right and don't worry about it . When things slow down we can scale back for which.

One more note, our website will be back up again, those antigunners at homestead.com took down our site as their terms of service changed and became antigun...

Thank you,

James Malarkey

the BS or MALARKEY is getting deep here.

James Malarkey don't try to BS me after you tried to rip me for $271. AA is in bankruptcy. this info came from det Fuller of the Columbia county sheriff's office. he told me that after talking to the Columbia county DA "no criminal charges can be filed because they are protected by the bankruptcy court".

if anyone needs Det. Fuller's phone number PM me for it.

looks like they are doing what many have predicted, restructuring under chapter 11 bankruptcy. they will screw everyone and come back as a leaner meaner company now having no debt.

We liquidated all of our gun parts to one of our owners and he is handling the sales of those through gunbroker

this is how it works. you have 1 million in parts, they are sold (liquidated) for a fraction of the value (lets say $10,000) to pay this months bills. the 10 grand is paid to the creditors. now you file your bankruptcy.

what has happened when the creditors come to collect? there are no assets (parts) left to sell. they have now been screwed for $500,000 $600,000 they might have gotten for the parts and somebody has a million dollars worth of parts to start a new business.

it's a fine line. as long as one says "I sold the parts to make good on my current debt" this is bad business but not illegal. if you are stupid enough to say "I sold them so the creditors would not get it and I would have a good start when we claim bankruptcy and restructure. then we will buy the parts back for $10,000 and have a great start for the new business". now that's illegal.

James Malarkey answer me this. AA took my order on 9/11 and 9/12 charged my card. again let me quote you.
We liquidated ALL of our gun parts to one of our owners and he is handling the sales of those through gunbroker
I believe based on dates, type of parts and location these are the parts on gunbroker.

seeing that the seller registered and started listing parts on 9/10 he had to have purchased ALL the parts before 9/10.

HOW DID AA SELL ME SOMETHING THEY NO LONGER OWNED ON 9/11 AND TAKE MY MONEY ON 9/12?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.asp?User=1452898
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=139766245
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:42:17 AM by beachbumwithagun »

Hodgie

• World renowned Failure
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Kicking Ass since 77
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 09:41:39 AM »
lets not start sending money to the same guys under a different name.
That's not exactly what I meant but  I agree with you 110%

cygie

• SKS Sniper
  • red sky at morning, you know the rest
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 11:07:47 PM »

Maybe Craig ought to invest in SpellCheck for his next business venture. I cannot believe how many people do NOT know how to spell. Geesh.
Would you mind not shooting at the thermonuclear weapons?

galahad

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
  • The old fart in TEXAS
    • Survivor's SKS Boards
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 11:19:12 PM »
I think Ohio Rapid Fire is in the process of moving to a new location.  They MAY be going out of business but if you go HERE:  http://www.ohiorapidfire.com/index.htm  and click on "our new location" you can see that they are busy moving.  Again, they MAY have overextended or lost their loan, or whatever but they may just be moving.  The notice does say "Temporairly" (sic.) closed and if their new building is not ready they wouldn't be sending people over there.

"I would rather suffer from too much freedom, than not enough."  Heimdhal
"Free people need free markets - or they aren't free."  Gibson_GM

Toad

• HMFIC
  • Global Moderator
  • SKS Guru
  • TOM Q VAXY
    • OBEY!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 01:38:50 AM »
IIRC, ORF already took that move a year or so, ago. I think those may be the pics and info from the last move.
Prepping and Survival...see Survivor's sister board, http://survivorsprepboard.com/smf/

galahad

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
  • The old fart in TEXAS
    • Survivor's SKS Boards
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 09:43:17 AM »
IIRC, ORF already took that move a year or so, ago. I think those may be the pics and info from the last move.

I wondered about that.  There are no dates associated with the move page.  I wonder if they did get way overextended.

"I would rather suffer from too much freedom, than not enough."  Heimdhal
"Free people need free markets - or they aren't free."  Gibson_GM