Author Topic: sling install Draco  (Read 2586 times)

kno3mike

• SKS Marksman
sling install Draco
« on: September 23, 2009, 04:33:51 PM »
Hi Guys....I need to install a sling swivel to my Draco.....Do I need to drill and tap (gunsmith) for a rear sling swivel base or can I just drill a hole and use the 7/8th machine screw and nut that came with the sling swivel base?...or can I drill near the side PG rivet?...any help/photos would be appreciated...thanks
This is my anti-looting gun.

Lollygagger

• SKS Guru
Re: sling install Draco
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 11:08:23 PM »
If it was mine...

I'd find a swivel like the SKS rear swivel that goes on the SIDE of the stock...

And mount it via drill & tapping on the AK pistols extreme left rear receiver side.

I'd trim a russian canvas or rom green nylon sling for it.

That should look nice, be solid and carry well.

LG  :?

merdenoms

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 11:52:40 PM »
I agree, I have been pondering this for my ak pistol and I think I'm going to go with the left side of the receiver on the very back.  Its a lot thinner there anyways.  My friend just bought a badass new drill, so I think I'll call him up soon.

kno3mike

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 02:47:43 AM »
Thanks LG........ Good idea......I have a spare SKS stock swivel someplace....but I don't have the tools to tap....I didn't know if the machine screw would work if I cut some off the length.....the rear side with either the swivel base or the stock setup is where I'll attach....thanks again!
This is my anti-looting gun.

915ciro

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 05:43:32 AM »
i think drilling and tapping is a hard way  could damage the tool.try a plate that is holds by the pistol grip trunion i make one wit a garage door hinges, or brackets looks like this  _______],  remenber to cut a scuare hole to fit the pistol grip trunion, first you have to remove the grip and the screw then put the plate in the trunion and replace the grip. can send pic this is my e mail ,cachirulo79936@yahoo.com

Ceddie

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • It’s bad luck to be superstitious…
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 07:56:45 AM »
I just used the bolt base for the sling swivel, but I went to ACE hardware and got a self locking nylon nut for the bolt and put that on instead of the lock washer and nut that came with it. That way it can sit a little loose and not back off.

Measure where you want the bolt, measure it again, then think really hard. and measure a third time. You can't un drill a hole.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:23:27 AM by Ceddie »
Ceddie
~
Never trust a dude with a roll of visqueen and no plausible reason.~
A well armed hippie with a generally poor attitude about how the ‘left’ has chosen to redefine ‘liberalism’… LIVE & LET LIVE use to mean something.

milsurpcop

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 08:17:31 AM »
This is what I did.  I got a Mauser sling swivel from Lollygagger that I cut on side off.  I was going to D&T it to the back but I had a mishap and broke the tap.  I ended up having it welded on.  It works perfect.

This was the original diagram of how it was supposed to work out.

This is the finished result.

Just an idea to consider or modify to your needs.

Politians and Diapers should be changed often for the same reason

I cling to my guns and religion because they are two things I know I can count on.