Author Topic: serial number decoder  (Read 708 times)

vermontcnc

• SKS Marksman
    • Gould Engineering and Machining
serial number decoder
« on: November 24, 2009, 10:55:39 PM »
Hello. I have been collecting quite a random variety of firearms as of late and was wondering if there was any sort of online "decoder" that could be used to gain information about them. I know VIN tags for a car can be decoded to give manufacturing data and was hoping there was an online resource for doing something similar with firearms. Today i picked up my first Colt revolver and wanted to verify manufacture date as well as info on several other purchases. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------
Custom machined SKS/AK parts

Registered lurking member since Oct. 2009
Proud member of the NRA

kalash

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
Re: serial number decoder
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 11:19:52 PM »
google.com

Theres not one place to go to look up serial numbers, your going to have to google each gun and hope you can find a listing of that particular guns serial numbers. All your going to find out about the gun is the year and maby the month of production.

Depending on what type of gun it is you may not even find any information online.

Danjal

• Not the droid you're looking for.
  • Life Member
  • SKS Guru
  • Who I am /\. Things I say >
Re: serial number decoder
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 12:54:37 AM »
Contsct the MFG's and they might be able to tell you more. S&W is a good one for giving out information freely.
Nothing makes me feel quite like a man than beating on a midget. -Thed

Anxiously awaiting your next thread describing how you drown puppies in your basement. -Spinich