Author Topic: ~ Value? Pre-ban factory 26 Chinese (so-called) Paratrooper SKS Carbine  (Read 1832 times)

Quahog

• SKS Shooter
~ Ballpark Value? Pre-ban factory 26 Chinese (so-called) Paratrooper SKS Carbine

Have a tentative swap transaction going where the swappee . . . or the swapper (always get those two mixed up) wants to throw a Chinese SKS shortened carbine into the deal.  It's one of those with milled parts and screwed in barrel, etc.  Has the blade type folding bayonet and the cleaning rod. The rework, if it is, appears to be a professional job. Condition is excellent + with the light color wood.  Bolt is in the blue and not the usual white.

Many years ago I owned a couple of Chinese SKS carbines that were early editions with all milled parts and the Russki style blade bayonets.    One of those was a well used battlefield pick up.  This SKS reminds me of those carbines.

Can't recall seeing a shortened Chinese made SKS at a gun show in many years.   Are these things worth the same, more or less than a normal Chinese SKS?   At this point in time, I have a weak idea as to value of these.   Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks in advance . . .

sks winger

• SKS Gunsmith
Re: ~ Value? Pre-ban factory 26 Chinese (so-called) Paratrooper SKS Carbine
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 07:35:49 AM »
Usually worth a little more
Not on Our Watch
OATHKEEPERS.ORG

martin08

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Hear ye! A round of Moose-burgers for all!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 07:41:18 AM »
$300 plus or mius $50, depending on condition, matching numbers, etc.

Pflug

• SKS Guru
  • SKS CLIP
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 08:04:54 AM »
Should be worth $300 as long as none of the parts have mismatched numbers and it's in great shape

Generally sell for a few bucks more than a comparable full length model
If you don't know, shut yer hole