Author Topic: Tasco Buck Sight 3-9x40 Scope- Any good?  (Read 2116 times)

yugoSKSJ

• SKS Gunsmith
Tasco Buck Sight 3-9x40 Scope- Any good?
« on: February 14, 2010, 03:06:11 AM »
 I got it for my Marlin795 .22, I'm going to try and zero it out on the 100yd like my bolt action STEVEN"S 84D is. I have that dialed in at 100 grouping 1-2" with CCI HP's. The groups seemed to open up to about 2-3" using the Federal 550 value pack ammo.Different scope though.
 I would have posted pics of the results but I had enough of hoofing it in knee deep snow to set the damn targets up...... :roll:  This scope capable of zero at 100 consistantly?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:13:07 AM by yugoSKSJ »
:spam2:
No, his mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful, yet discontent
He knows changes aren't permanent
But change is

Rommel_1891

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • What guns?
Re: Tasco Buck Sight 3-9x40 Scope- Any good?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 10:28:44 AM »
I had a Tasco 3-9x40 once, not sure if it was that one. It was an okay scope. I can't say I ever had any real problems with it. It was a cheap rifle though too, so it balanced out. ;)

It should do a decent job holding zero, but it might drift slightly between range trips. When I first tried to dial mine in, the adjustments didn't always want to take seat between shots, and made sighting in a bit of a pain. Bring a small mallet, and give it a couple taps if it gives you trouble like that. That usually helps it "snap" into place. A gun guru at a shop I used to go to suggested it.
"... We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -Samuel Adams

Onepoint

• Administrator
  • SKS Guru
  • نعم أنا كافرة, شكور ل يسأل!
    • Gary's Gun Shop LLC - Torrington WY
Re: Tasco Buck Sight 3-9x40 Scope- Any good?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 12:28:34 PM »
Tasco is one of those companies who don't manufacture anything, they contract out overseas. Like most low end Chinese scopes they usually work until they don't and then you pitch them.
"War is not 'the best way of settling differences; it is the only way of preventing them being settled for you." - G.K.Chesterson /   "Reality is that which, when you refuse to believe, or stop believing in it, does not go away."

www.garysgunshopllc.com