Author Topic: Yugo M67 Ball  (Read 1594 times)

Lone Eagle

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Well, is it?
Yugo M67 Ball
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:45:26 AM »
I had a bud give me a few 15 rnd boxes of Yugo M67 brass cased ball ammo.  The headstamp is "I K" over "85".  I've read this stuff is "mildly corrosive", but I'm a freak when it comes to cleaning my guns.  I've read this ammo is about as accurate as most commercial brass cased stuff.  Is that true? 

Main reason I'm asking is a local shop has a 1260 rnd sealed tin in the crate for $250 out the door.  I can get Bear or Wolf for $219/1000.  Would it be worth the extra few bones for the Yugo stuff, or should I avoid it like the plague?
Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

AK-47--So Simple a Caveman Could Fix One

res45

• SKS Guru
Re: Yugo M67 Ball
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 08:07:53 AM »
"I K" is Igman Zavod, Konjic, Yugoslavia,I don't know where the term mildly corrosive come from,corrosive is corrosive. If you don't clean your rifle it's going to rust,so clean after your done shooting.

As far as the accuracy goes,your ability and your rifle/ammo will determine that,shoot some of what you have and see if there is a difference,there is no magic ammo.  The Yugo ammo is going to cost you about 19.8 cents a rd. and the B/W about 22 cent each. 

ragged1

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 08:49:22 AM »
Just clean well after shooting and sell the brass after to recoup some $$$.
"when our team saved the life and possibly the virginity of the Mayor’s nephew, there was a special relaxation of the rules made for us..."

Halo05

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 12:54:59 PM »
I've heard a lot of great things about Yugoslavian M67 ammo as far as accuracy. It is supposed to be the most accurate 7.62 surplus around, and probably more accurate than wolf.

sksrosie

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 01:29:53 PM »
I have some and I like it. It seems a little hotter than wolf. If I could get that case deal around here I'd get it. If nothing else a good SHTF stash. During the worst of the ammo shortage I saw some going for 400.00 plus a case. The first time I shoot some I did not clean the rifles for a couple of days they were fine chrome lined barrels.Get some.

Lone Eagle

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Well, is it?
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 04:20:27 PM »
I have some and I like it. It seems a little hotter than wolf. If I could get that case deal around here I'd get it. If nothing else a good SHTF stash. During the worst of the ammo shortage I saw some going for 400.00 plus a case. The first time I shoot some I did not clean the rifles for a couple of days they were fine chrome lined barrels.Get some.
That was my though process for the price.  Leave it sealed for "special occasions" and use the Wolf/Bear for range/hunting.  I do know the brass cases feed better than the poly cases after shooting some WWB last trip.  Those got reloaded for hunting by a bud and are stashed away with my Silver Bear.  My youngest thinks the boxes are cool with the Russian writing on it. 
Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

AK-47--So Simple a Caveman Could Fix One

sksrosie

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 11:23:52 PM »
My AK spits it out and with the 74 style brake I have it makes a pretty good boom.

Fragger

• Global Moderator
  • SKS Guru
  • _______ BRH _______
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 07:56:43 PM »
I have gone thru a case and have another stashed of mid 90's production marked Bosnian which is NC.
That stuff has been very accurate for me.
Masque of the Red Death For Now I Have Survived and yet the Black Room is Just Down the Hall

sks winger

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 09:41:49 PM »
I like the yugo better than all of them, just clean your'e gun good afterwards
Not on Our Watch
OATHKEEPERS.ORG