Author Topic: Canadian SKS  (Read 3877 times)

canadiansurvivor

• SKS Newbie
Canadian SKS
« on: March 15, 2010, 07:25:18 AM »
Hey guys just got my PAL, and saved up some money. ive been reading on here for a while and im just wondering. Why do i keep reading that there are lots of sks's up here? and that they are cheap? its not that i dont believe it, just that i dont know where to buy one. if any fellow Canadians or anyone at all knowledgeable about the retail side in Canada please share. i live in southern ontario and can drive to cities like Burlington and even Toronto if necessary. Also Ive read on some other forum about hard chrome plating. Would it really improve the lifetime of my rifle, im not big on cleaning and only see doing it when necessary. Any information on where this can be done from canada (ship it somewhere or locally) would be greatly appreciated. Also remember 5 round magazine limit. ... oh canada  :roll:

shredder

• SKS Plinker
Re: Canadian SKS
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 02:37:55 PM »
Get the latest flyer from Cabela's in Winnepeg. It used to be S.I.R. mail order. They have lots of SKS and cheap ammo for them too.

canadiansurvivor

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 10:50:52 PM »
is there a way to +rep on these forums?

shredder

• SKS Plinker
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 11:47:49 AM »
Just go here

http://www.cabelas.ca/store/?section=1187&section2=1724&section3=1732#productanchor

Also check out

http://tradeexcanada.com/

And

http://www.westrifle.com/

They are all Canadian so they will ship to you as long as you have the proper licence.

dorikaze

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »
350 bucks gets you a sks and a case of ammo 1120 rounds

CAINESY

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 12:25:52 AM »
Your best bet is LeBaron's, they are located in Missassauga I believe. Anyhow, just check out their website. Happy shopping.

PAX

• SKS Gunsmith
  • ALL IS NOT QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 01:59:29 AM »
Welcome cs, I was looking for "Norico firearms", and since they're only available in Canada, a site came up that had Norico SKSs for $150. Sorry I don't remember the company's name, but on Google it was the first or second Norinco dealer. They also were listing Australian 7.62 rebarreled SMLEs if that's any help. I got it now, it was MARSTAR and the starting price was $139. I wish there was a way to get some here.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 02:11:36 AM by PAX »
"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined", George Washington,
"but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them." Sent from behind the KaliKurtain. PAX

scarymike23

• A Sawhorse Is A
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • This argument needs more pie.
    • Alternate History War Film!
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 12:25:06 PM »
Does anyone know if you can get these moved down to a Cabelas in the USA?
для родины!

Первые оружеиные заводы в туле

I'll grudgingly also say MN is the best sub $200 rifle value out there right now. Damn that scarymike guy and his enchanting photo! -Running Man, 02/28/14 at 02:54:32 PM

orangerabbit

• SKS Gunsmith
  • "always, i fight on!"
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 10:44:03 AM »
wow if it werent for the laws, id so be ordering a couple of those norincos, for 189.00 out of the box with a waranty? sweet who else agrees

morb

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 11:22:38 AM »
I have seen them advertised here in case lots of 5 or 10, $1800 for a case of 10. A couple friends and I just bought some for $180 ea and 1100 rounds for $180. Seems like any gun shop you go in has them.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
to pick up a turd by the clean end."  (unknown)

thespork

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »
no, you can not

scarymike23

• A Sawhorse Is A
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 11:12:55 AM »
no, you can not

Yeah, I kinda figured you'd run afoul of some kind of import laws. :\

So does anyone with a 01/03 want to go in an order of these?!

http://www.shop.tradeexcanada.com/content/russian-simonov-sks-rifle-762x39

для родины!

I'll grudgingly also say MN is the best sub $200 rifle value out there right now. Damn that scarymike guy and his enchanting photo! -Running Man, 02/28/14 at 02:54:32 PM

orangerabbit

• SKS Gunsmith
  • "always, i fight on!"
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 12:45:15 PM »
so there is no possible way to have one of these? no ffl no nothing? seems odd  since we sell our used weapons and equipment ie ships subs rifles tanks apc's, the list goes  on . i mean its canada! not some commie country

scarymike23

• A Sawhorse Is A
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »
so there is no possible way to have one of these? no ffl no nothing? seems odd  since we sell our used weapons and equipment ie ships subs rifles tanks apc's, the list goes  on . i mean its canada! not some commie country

From the FAQs from http://www.shop.tradeexcanada.com:

5- Do you ship firearm to the United States (or other Countries).

5- The short answer is no. However we do export firearms with a minimum export order of $3000.00. US Customers please find out from ATF what is required from you to import.

So I think you could import if you had a 01/03 FFL. I'm not sure what the shipping & import costs would be. But given that a Russian SKS goes for $300-400 in the USA it might actually make sense to go in with a group on at least 18 of these, keep what you want, and sell off the rest. So I was only partly kidding when I asked if anyone else wanted to throw together an order. ;)
для родины!

Pflug

• SKS Guru
  • SKS CLIP
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 10:56:20 AM »
Both the Chinese and Russian SKSs are specifically banned from importation to the US through separate agreements

With millions out there for sale don't you think the distributors would rather be dealing in even larger quantities to the bigger US market?
If you don't know, shut yer hole