Author Topic: Stevens 22/410  (Read 2947 times)

loki

• SKS Plinker
Re: Stevens 22/410
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »
You don't need any special tools. I used a screw driver, pliers and a hammer. I didn't have a clue how to replace one at first. Just look up some blueprints. It's not very complicated just REALLY annoying. Putting the hammer spring back on is the only real trouble you should have. And it WILL be a b!&ch to put back on.

OneShotWonder

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 07:56:48 PM »
You don't need any special tools. I used a screw driver, pliers and a hammer. I didn't have a clue how to replace one at first. Just look up some blueprints. It's not very complicated just REALLY annoying. Putting the hammer spring back on is the only real trouble you should have. And it WILL be a b!&ch to put back on.

I cannot find any blueprints though so im kinda in the dark, I guess I could just start taking it apart slowly but I would rather know what im getting into before.
"Play me like it's chess and ill smack you with a checker board."

Danjal

• Not the droid you're looking for.
  • Life Member
  • SKS Guru
  • Who I am /\. Things I say >
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 09:52:50 PM »
http://www.milesfortis.com/dunn/24_faq.htm

Sorry for the late reply. Ive been working 80 hours a week again. These should help you get started.
Nothing makes me feel quite like a man than beating on a midget. -Thed

Anxiously awaiting your next thread describing how you drown puppies in your basement. -Spinich

OneShotWonder

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 09:57:07 PM »
http://www.milesfortis.com/dunn/24_faq.htm

Sorry for the late reply. Ive been working 80 hours a week again. These should help you get started.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Danjal

• Not the droid you're looking for.
  • Life Member
  • SKS Guru
  • Who I am /\. Things I say >
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 10:13:07 PM »
See what you can do, I'll talk with dad to borrow his 24 if he still has it and disassemble one along side yours if I can do that. I figure he wouldnt turn down a free cleaning.

No promises on how soon though. I have 7 cars, 3 bikes, and about 20 guns in line to get fixed. Toss in a friend that actually pays me for helping him remove trees and im fairly well booked.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:34:09 PM by Danjal »
Nothing makes me feel quite like a man than beating on a midget. -Thed

Anxiously awaiting your next thread describing how you drown puppies in your basement. -Spinich

OneShotWonder

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 11:08:51 PM »
See what you can do, I'll talk with dad to borrow his 24 if he still has it and disassemble one along side yours if I can do that. I figure he wouldnt turn down a free cleaning.

No promises on how soon though. I have 7 cars, 3 bikes, and about 20 guns in line to get fixed. Toss in a friend that actually pays me for helping him remove trees and im fairly well booked.

I think ill be able to figure it out now, im just going to go really slow when I do it, I was also thinking of maybe waiting and just buying the other hammer with the selector on it and save the one I just bought for if I wanted to put it back to original, I would also save the stock and get a wood one instead of the tenite one if I did that so I didn't break the original stock. Idk though, what do you guys think I should do? Im not in a rush or anything to get it fixed.