Author Topic: SKS for HD?  (Read 3263 times)

ARTONY92

• SKS Guru
  • Barrel Shroud- That shoulder thing that goes up
    • Youtube
Re: SKS for HD?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 12:19:09 AM »
That guy is absolutely correct. Why haven't we started doing this??  :dontknow:

I see you subscribed to that douche ARTONY.  :x

I'm going to watch this video again and let it put me to sleep. Stay out of trouble and delete that link from your favorites.  :?
HUH????!!!!!!!!!  :shock:
i believe you never seen the thread i made about him?
Search "Nucking Futs" and you'll find it  :lol:

jbanzai

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • End of days.
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 12:27:57 AM »
Well, when I hear a strange noise and feel compelled to clear the house, the SKS is not my primary weapon of choice.  A 9mm with a 20 round magazine and JHP is a lot less likely to pierce any aggressors, walls, pets and zombies and kill my children or neighbors.  I got the light for the SKS for that very purpose, but it's a little too unwieldy.

At least I don't clear the kids bedrooms with flash-bangs.

Anymore.
+1
I think of the SKS as an 'offensive' weapon, not a 'defensive' weapon.  But, if you aren't urban, and you don't have a big family and a full house...
WTB Chinese SKS, numbers matching, excellent condition early /26\ with threaded barrel and milled trigger guard

Mancat

• SKS Guru
  • give all the milsurps to me
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 12:46:53 AM »
Would not fire an SKS any where but outside the home, and even then hopefully with great care, as I do live in a populated neighborhood, with a line of sight directly across from a nuclear-capable naval base 300-ft below in elevation, a quarter mile away. I hope to never be in that situation.

Unfortunately, I don't own a shotgun, and so my only "non-penetrating" home defense weapons fall into the .22LR category, which isn't great but better than nothing.

siaoyu97

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 04:57:00 AM »
I have 2 shotgun, 1 is a CAI Tacttical 16 " Shortie and the other is a Mossberg 500. 24" BARREL, for indoor I have the shotgun and the sks in the gun room with a key on my kneck, I would prefer the shortie shotgun, due to CQB but it they get out and run... or drive... away then there;'s no doubt.... The sks will finish the job... I also have a 9mm in the drawer and a 45ACP hidden up the stair case... 
Thank you , Regards, ":D

McWhat

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 05:41:01 AM »
It depends on your situation. I don't have any kids and me and my broad sleep upstairs in my house. My closest neighbor is 1/4 mile to the west (lots of trees between us, no clear line of sight) so I can use whatever I want. I have my SKS loaded in my room but I have my 12 gauge mossy 500 bedside. Even though I could use my SKS to defend my house/wench I choose my shotgun because of shear lethality at indoor ranges. Not much is as deadly as a 12 gauge slug point blank. Inside my house I would definitely take 6 rounds of 12 gauge over 10 7.62x39s.
does your shotgun have a bayonet?  :o what if you run out of ammo? then you will need this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt7Zdp2W7eY
 :lol:

Not to get off topic, but did that guy wrap his AR in camo duct tape?

richtherake

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • That's my Rottweiler May Day. She's a fat load.
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 08:10:24 AM »

Not to get off topic, but did that guy wrap his AR in camo duct tape?

I think it was that camo cloth tape stuff.

Pflug

• SKS Guru
  • SKS CLIP
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 09:08:15 AM »
I have 2 shotgun, 1 is a CAI Tacttical 16 " Shortie and the other is a Mossberg 500. 24" BARREL, for indoor I have the shotgun and the sks in the gun room with a key on my kneck, I would prefer the shortie shotgun, due to CQB but it they get out and run... or drive... away then there;'s no doubt.... The sks will finish the job... I also have a 9mm in the drawer and a 45ACP hidden up the stair case... 

Oh no- it's the stereotype the anti gunners love to point to 8)
If you don't know, shut yer hole

MgnfcntBstrd

• SKS Shooter
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 09:34:55 AM »
Shoot at them while they're driving away and we'll all avidly watch your murder trial.  Have your lawyer keep us posted.
"Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware."

-Alan Korwin

KomradeKrunk

• SKS Expert
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 11:37:35 AM »
I don't have a shotgun or pistol yet so I would have to use my SKS for HD since it's the smallest caliber and obviously better than one of my big rifles for HD. Plus there's the bayonet. I keep a stripper clip of soft points ready for it just in case I need them. I want to get some good expanding hollow points (not like wolf bear etc) or frangible rounds.

Pflug

• SKS Guru
  • SKS CLIP
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 01:41:10 PM »
Doubt you'll see much difference in bullet performance at HD close ranges with the 7.62x39- sometimes soft points don't feed reliably so it may be a negative thing
If you don't know, shut yer hole

dussandr

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 02:10:46 PM »
Doubt you'll see much difference in bullet performance at HD close ranges with the 7.62x39- sometimes soft points don't feed reliably so it may be a negative thing

+1. I wouldn't worry about bullet choice- just make sure they feed.
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Taste the wares, Email.

RSR

• Iron Sights
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Marksman
  • Come em Get em
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 03:55:30 PM »
a 12 G mossberg persuader will persuade any tooth sucking savage too vacate the premises before its freezer meat
“We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.”

Thomas Jefferson

9/11
12/7
Never Forget

ARTONY92

• SKS Guru
    • Youtube
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 04:27:23 PM »
a 12 G mossberg persuader will persuade any tooth sucking savage too vacate the premises before its freezer meat
who are these "tooth sucking savages" of which you speak?  :?

RSR

• Iron Sights
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Marksman
  • Come em Get em
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2010, 04:48:30 PM »
“We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.”

Thomas Jefferson

9/11
12/7
Never Forget

ARTONY92

• SKS Guru
    • Youtube
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2010, 04:51:12 PM »

So Fat guys with beer are savages????!!!!! YOU RACIST PIG!!!!!!  :evil: :evil: :evil: