Author Topic: Chinese 20 rd fixed magazine  (Read 1476 times)

Cheech

• SKS Newbie
Chinese 20 rd fixed magazine
« on: October 22, 2010, 05:48:43 AM »
Hey guys I need some info. I just purchased a Chinese 20 rd fixed magazine on Gunbroker for $50.00 and I'm hoping it will fit in my Russian SKS. I probably should have done the research before I bid but time was short. Does anyone have any experience with these mags? I know the detachable mags are interchangeable but what about these? If this does not fit my Russian SKS would anyone be interested in buying it for the $50.00 (including shipping) that I paid for it? If you're interested, send me a PM so I'll know who to contact. I'll know by the end of next week when I receive it.

Thanks for the help,

Cheech
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 07:57:15 AM by Cheech »

martin08

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Hear ye! A round of Moose-burgers for all!
Re: Chinese 20 rd fixed magazine
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 10:23:53 AM »
They will fit in the Russian.

BigBill

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 01:10:50 PM »
I purchased a 20r chinese mag with the star many years ago when they were first offered(new).  The only problem i had with it was the pusher was off center in the centerline of the mag and the action.  When it got to the last 3 rounds one might load while the others flew out.  Once i adjusted the pusher to the centerline of the mag it feeds great.  Becareful when bending the pusher go easy with it.  Try shooting it first it may or may not be off center but you can tell somewhat by looking at it first.  Mine was way off.

Dentoro

• SKS Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 06:19:52 PM »
I have one but don't like it.  I just keep it.  I have a reg mag on it 99% of the time.  My problem is it will not feed a HP bullet to save my life!  It just wedges in every other round between the bolt and the barrel and scares the bajesus out of me..
"We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union. "

SKS_TSX

• SKS Plinker
  • Come gisum !
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 02:26:37 PM »
Im using one on my 53' russian now, and it works like a champ .

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:21:02 PM by SKS_TSX »
I love you Melody.
I love you Chloe.

BChandler4

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 05:32:12 PM »
One came with my Yugo. It ran flawlessly with a bit of tweaking. As BigBill said make sure the follower is centered. mine rubbed on the left side of the mag.

MakarovingCharges

• SKS Guru
  • Makarov: The OTHER CCW choice
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 06:07:17 PM »
They'll fit I had one for awhile. A friend begged me for it and promised me just about anything short of his firstborn child for it. So I finally reluctantly caved in and gave it to him. I don't know why he thought they were rare I've seen several on gunbroker over the past couple of years.
Well, it's official. All three of the branches of the Federal Government are using the constitution as if it were TP. RIP Freedom and freewill the old republic has been replaced by a very potent kleptocracy. We're getting what we deserve, I guess.

coopdog

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 06:25:21 PM »
I've seen several on gunbroker over the past couple of years.

I've seen several on Gunbroker over the past couple of weeks.
I'm tired of reading about SHTF.   I am planning for the more likely scenario SSDD (Same Sh_it, Different Day).

huxuecan

• SKS Newbie
  • I'm A Spammer
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 04:41:52 AM »
Troll/Spam removed
Fragger/Mod
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:13:28 AM by Fragger »

Aye Kay

• SKS Guru
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 01:26:45 PM »
Your post sounds like a thinly veiled for sale add..... yes they fit. 

martin08

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Hear ye! A round of Moose-burgers for all!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 01:32:26 PM »
Troll/Spam removed
Fragger/Mod

That is the exact way that I always envisioned the Big Red Hand, as well.  It looks like an appendage that belongs on a Troll.  I have not seen him try to sell anything except para conversions, though.

Cheech

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 06:19:54 PM »
Thanks for your help guys. It's reassuring to know that it will fit. Like I said, I probably should have done the research before I bid on it.

Thanks Again,

Cheech

Aye Kay

• SKS Guru
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 08:48:56 PM »
Troll/Spam removed
Fragger/Mod

Sorry,  I don't know how I quoted Fragger?  3 screaming kids running around the house while I typed?  I was replying to the OP.  :)

That is the exact way that I always envisioned the Big Red Hand, as well.  It looks like an appendage that belongs on a Troll.  I have not seen him try to sell anything except para conversions, though.

BillyBang

• Global Moderator
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 06:28:09 PM »
Cheech,
I sent you a PM.

Aye Kay

• SKS Guru
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 08:06:07 PM »
  I do remember back when they were new looking very carefully at the 20 rounders.  I bought a bunch of them and had to fix a few,  but hey they were like $10-$15.  I found two in my junk drawer after I paid $65 for one not too long ago.