Author Topic: SKS man, Im not impressed  (Read 13421 times)

trooper dan

• SKS Newbie
    • whenshtf.com
SKS man, Im not impressed
« on: November 03, 2010, 03:27:17 PM »
So after shopping around for some stuff I decided to order a jungle stock+ handguard and a bayonet, order totaling $35. I received confirmation of order on the 25th but no tracking number. It is now the third and still no package, I tried calling the number on the website several times but all I get is a busy signal. If I got a hold of someone and the package not have shipped I would have cancelled my order.

I will pay more and deal elsewhere with people that treats they're customers with a higher priority. After reading mixed bag reviews I decided to take a chance, I will post a follow up as I find out what is going on.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that the stock will not come with a matching handguard even though it is advertised that it is included.

we will see.
"Use it up, wear it out, make do, or do without."

milsurpcop

• SKS Gunsmith
Re: SKS man, Im not impressed
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 04:53:54 PM »
I've always had good dealings with them.  I just placed an order with them this week.  It did say somewhere it on the site or after you place the order that it takes a few days to process and then they mail it Priority.  I'd give them a few more days.  I'm currently waiting on a MO from another member here that mailed it almost two weeks ago.  My faith in the USPS timely delivery is pretty shaky at best   :x .
Politians and Diapers should be changed often for the same reason

I cling to my guns and religion because they are two things I know I can count on.

karlsgunbunker

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • Arming America 01FFL
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 01:13:31 AM »
He's an old disabled guy. give it a few days.
KGB - 01FFL - $20 Transfers in Indianapolis area.
"You don't ban electric guitars just because someone may have a lapse in logic, goodwill and decency and spontaneously break out into country and Western music". Ted Nugent - On gun control

trooper dan

• SKS Newbie
    • whenshtf.com
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 01:34:52 AM »
I also sent an email to sksman@aol.com when I first posted this topic I have not gotten a response. In my email I kindly explained that I wished to cancel my order because of the constant phone busy signal and no package after so many days. I checked with my bank today and they said that sksman never accepted any money or issued a refund. I will double check with my bank later this week on a status.

Too bad I would have certainly been a return customer if I was satisfied.  With the nonexistant customer service and an inoperable phone system, spend your cash elsewhere.

milsurpcop

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 01:37:02 AM »
He's an old disabled guy. give it a few days.

+1

I've actually called him before to ask about parts and he's always very nice.
Politians and Diapers should be changed often for the same reason

I cling to my guns and religion because they are two things I know I can count on.

karlsgunbunker

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • Arming America 01FFL
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 01:50:56 AM »
I've ordered from him Several times over the years.
Always got my parts. He's slow but so am I.

Like I said,and Like me, He's old disabled and runs a one man operation.
Patience is a virtue this generation does not seem to understand.
Always want Instant Gratification.
KGB - 01FFL - $20 Transfers in Indianapolis area.
"You don't ban electric guitars just because someone may have a lapse in logic, goodwill and decency and spontaneously break out into country and Western music". Ted Nugent - On gun control

trooper dan

• SKS Newbie
    • whenshtf.com
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 04:24:55 AM »
Believe me, I am a very patient person but I guess I am old fashioned. I expect a certain amount of customer service and a working phone line and perhaps an answering machine so customers could leave messages. It has been 11 days, no call, no reply to my email, no package. Clearly after the email and the calls this guy needs to get his business in order.

However if this inattention to his business is somehow due to a medical emergency, I will gladly delete this thread and I will apologize to Mr. sksman. If that would be the case, there should be a notice on the site or a hold put on orders until he returns.

If he is old and slow to ship orders or return emails, that should be stated in a disclosure on the order form so people have an idea what they are getting into.

I saw a small number of other people here had issues with him too, but most of the people were satisfied so I gave him the benefit of my doubt.

Fragger

• Global Moderator
  • SKS Guru
  • _______ BRH _______
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 05:57:19 AM »
I have spoken to him via land line a couple times 10 maybe 12 years ago and he was having health issues then. I think a family member from time to time has stepped in to help in with his sales.

I think the end result for you will be positive but I agree there should be a way for someone to make contact and there is no excuse for not being able to do so.
Masque of the Red Death For Now I Have Survived and yet the Black Room is Just Down the Hall

trooper dan

• SKS Newbie
    • whenshtf.com
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 12:46:44 AM »
This will be my last follow up on this thread. I still have not received contact from sks man and it has been 16 days.

Lafayettegregory

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 12:29:16 PM »
This will be my last follow up on this thread. I still have not received contact from sks man and it has been 16 days.

Then why did you send me this PM?

delete thread.
Sent to: Lafayettegregory on: November 06, 2010, 02:50:49 AM
You have forwarded or responded to this message.

Would you please delete the sksman thread I posted? The guy apologized and is willing to work out a deal. He didn't ask me to but he seems like a nice genuine guy and not a con artist. I would hate to sully his good name. Please delete this thread or pm someone that can.

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=78700.0

Thanks- TD

Fragger

• Global Moderator
  • SKS Guru
  • _______ BRH _______
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 04:45:23 PM »
Huh?  :shock:
Masque of the Red Death For Now I Have Survived and yet the Black Room is Just Down the Hall

Danjal

• Not the droid you're looking for.
  • Life Member
  • SKS Guru
  • Who I am /\. Things I say >
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 07:11:27 AM »
Huh?  :shock:

It would seem TD thought LG was a mod, and that hes in contact with Sks man now Fragger.

IMO. Leave the thread up and see where it goes instead of nuking it.
Nothing makes me feel quite like a man than beating on a midget. -Thed

Anxiously awaiting your next thread describing how you drown puppies in your basement. -Spinich

Toad

• HMFIC
  • Global Moderator
  • SKS Guru
  • TOM Q VAXY
    • OBEY!
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 09:36:25 AM »
LG is a MOD!
Prepping and Survival...see Survivor's sister board, http://survivorsprepboard.com/smf/

Danjal

• Not the droid you're looking for.
  • Life Member
  • SKS Guru
  • Who I am /\. Things I say >
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 01:25:50 PM »
LG is a MOD!

And thus begins the LG is MOD campaign of 2010.
Nothing makes me feel quite like a man than beating on a midget. -Thed

Anxiously awaiting your next thread describing how you drown puppies in your basement. -Spinich

panoz77

• Master of Ceremonies / Resident Asshole
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 04:08:05 PM »
LG is a MOD!

And thus begins the LG is MOD campaign of 2010.

:lol:
Here here!

I'm not gay, but he was a handsome man.