Author Topic: SKS Replacement Barrels?  (Read 2425 times)

hooligan169

• SKS Newbie
SKS Replacement Barrels?
« on: January 22, 2011, 01:34:13 PM »
ALCON,

Does anyone make a medium to bull barrel as a replacement for a Yugo? 

thanks.

xtriggerman

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
Re: SKS Replacement Barrels?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:38:19 AM »
I dont know of any off the shelf heavy barrels but any competent gun smith can whip one up for you. Here is the half finished heavy w/fins I cut out of a Izzy 1919 BMG 308 barrel for my yugo SKS. Im working on a new adjustable gas system for it right now. Should group like a average bolt gun when done (with good ammo)....I hope.
" When we get piled upon one another in large CITIES as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe" Thomas Jefferson   America, oh so blue...City politics has now come to rule over you.

jdscholer

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:42:36 AM »
Pulleese keep us posted on that project xtriggerman. :shock:  jd
No man is born so stupid or worthless that he has nothing to teach me.

On my worst day, I may find someone whose day I can improve.

xtriggerman

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 11:49:53 PM »
Pulleese keep us posted on that project xtriggerman. :shock:  jd
  actualy, I can tell you that I will be applying for the full compliment of licenses this year to run a internet Gunsmithing specialty bussiness by the end of this year. I hoped to do all that down south after a move but with realestate in the craper around here... well you all know the deal. I just cant understand why there arn't more gunsmiths out there doing Hi performance SKS guns.. Back when the mini 14 came out, every other gunsmith was doing heavy barrel implants. The SKS is a rip platform for all sorts of bells & whistles 8)
" When we get piled upon one another in large CITIES as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe" Thomas Jefferson   America, oh so blue...City politics has now come to rule over you.

BigBill

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 01:59:13 PM »
Your average gunsmith probably has enough work without getting into the sks's too.  We must remember that the sks is still looked down upon as a POC by many people still. Ignorance is bliss. There could be a shortage of gunsmiths too. BHut i would think that most don't want to touch them.  I been learning everything i can learn about building, tuning and making the 1911's reliable and dependable that i can learn. I been also purchasing gun smith tools too. I been hammering the educational books and video's about them.  I already have the barrel changing knowledge on rifles.  I want to learn it all so i can do my own work.  Having the drive,  having a good quality workmanship, and staying motivated is whats needed for success.  Never, never give up just stay focused.  I think your on the right track.   Bill

My used norinco 1911a1 is probably as close to a race 1911 as it will ever be.  Its been fun doing the mods as i learn to it.

rgdiaz

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »
Hey xtriggerman,

Any updates with your barrel replacement...

rgdiaz