Author Topic: "Unissued" M59/66A1 Yugos are available  (Read 3150 times)

marcodelat

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
"Unissued" M59/66A1 Yugos are available
« on: February 01, 2011, 10:37:48 PM »
At Black Bear Arms

Pricey @ $375, but hey... it's just $ - a few years ago Samco did have these for about $200

... but that was A FEW years ago!

By the way have heard a lot of good things (feedback) about the superb quality of the firearms these people sell.

Really just wanted to ask about the "different look" of the pictured ammo pouch, anyone know what it is?

Never seen one with a Yugo - but anyway...

Here's the link:

http://www.blackbeararms.com/specials.htm

... as you can see they also have some CZ (vz) 52s and EG Makarovs... again these ARE "pricey".
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:56:44 PM by marcodelat »

Old Outlaw

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
Re: "Unissued" M59/66A1 Yugos are available
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:01:44 PM »
They are showing an A-xxxxxx series rifle. If you can still get one of these for $350, better get it.
Like the experts on this forum say, there won't probably be anymore of these unissued.These are
the true investment grade if you have the time to just put them in storage for a FEW YEARS.

The ammo pouch, it is definitely not the usual issue for that series. Neither is that sling! The importers are supplying a leather sling without the brass hardware required to even use it. Definitely a different offering.

If that rifle is representative of the lot, just buy it right now while you can. Don't worry about anyone saying you paid too  much.
Cause they don't have one maybe as nice or are too hung upon price when it comes down to a new/unissued 1987 I think an A is off hand, rifle. VERY NICE! I think I may grab another A or perhaps B series if they have them.

ratpacker04

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
  • No, this is not Tom Clancy.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:10:40 AM »
Notice the ad says "cosmetically unissued." (Emphasis mine). Is that a conventional grading term?
Good girls go to Heaven. Bad girls go everywhere.

ARTONY92

• SKS Guru
  • Barrel Shroud- That shoulder thing that goes up
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 03:29:35 AM »
 :shock:

now those are some beautiful guns!  :o

beachbumwithagun

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • NRA Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 04:58:38 AM »
Notice the ad says "cosmetically unissued." (Emphasis mine). Is that a conventional grading term?

not conventional but well known among yugo sks collectors. the term was created a few years ago and used by Cherry's importers/distributors. Cherry's "cosmetically unissued" M59/66A1's are known to be some of the better quality rifles imported.

easy credit gave some people the life they thought they deserved not the life they could afford

anyone that will give up liberty for security deserves neither....Ben Frankl

ratpacker04

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 05:53:28 AM »

not conventional but well known among yugo sks collectors. the term was created a few years ago and used by Cherry's importers/distributors. Cherry's "cosmetically unissued" M59/66A1's are known to be some of the better quality rifles imported.

So does that mean the rifle was issued, but maintained in excellent condition? In other words, not really new or unissued.

beachbumwithagun

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • NRA Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 06:56:20 AM »

So does that mean the rifle was issued, but maintained in excellent condition? In other words, not really new or unissued.

you nailed it.

easy credit gave some people the life they thought they deserved not the life they could afford

ratpacker04

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 11:41:07 AM »

you nailed it.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not a collector and hadn't heard that terminology before.

beachbumwithagun

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • NRA Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 03:50:37 PM »

you nailed it.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not a collector and hadn't heard that terminology before.

unfortunately the term "unissued" has been severely abused by the sellers of yugo sks's. over the years there has been much discussion having to do with the use/abuse of the term "unissued". Cherry's being a first class operation did not want to lie to costumers nor put themselves short with their competition. hence the term "cosmetically unissued" was born.

If I could go off topic for a moment.
I don't work for them nor have any connection other then being a very satisfied costumer.
in 40+ years of buying and collecting guns I have only run across a few operations I would take my time to praise like this, Cherry's is without a doubt one of them. they conduct their business with honor, honesty and integrity.
I had a situation where I had forgotten to pickup a pistol I bought for about 3 years. I know, I know I don't want to hear it. :lol:
when I called them it took them about 3 minutes to say "got it here ready for you to pickup".  :shock:
every firearm with their import stamp I have seen has been top quality.
http://www.cherrys.com/index.htm

kalash

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 02:10:30 AM »
They still are issued guns.

I've got two truely unissued yugos with all the gear and the grey log books. The logs state the test shots and every time the rifles have been taken out of storage and checked, since 76 they were only touched 3-4 times. 

40_caliber

• SKS Expert
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 05:25:07 AM »
Samco has  "NEW" Yugo sks 59/66s for $329 before shipping.  $20 off if you buy 2. Is "new" the  same as unissued ? or cosmetically unissued?

will work for SKSs

res45

• SKS Guru
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 10:01:18 PM »
This is my unissued H series Yugo M59/66A1,or other wise know as a refurb because the stock has been sanded and some parts may have been replaces but it has all the original matching numbers and the bore is as pristine as any of my new American made rifles bluing is near 100%.

This is my brothers NIB M59/66A1 which is an A series,pic doesn't do it justice as it is a beautiful rifle and was cosmo free,but it is exactly like the factory new rifles beachbumwithagun posted in another post

ARTONY92

• SKS Guru
  • Barrel Shroud- That shoulder thing that goes up
    • Youtube
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »
This is my unissued H series Yugo M59/66A1,or other wise know as a refurb because the stock has been sanded and some parts may have been replaces but it has all the original matching numbers and the bore is as pristine as any of my new American made rifles bluing is near 100%.

This is my brothers NIB M59/66A1 which is an A series,pic doesn't do it justice as it is a beautiful rifle and was cosmo free,but it is exactly like the factory new rifles beachbumwithagun posted in another post

MOAR!!!!   :tongue9:

amx4080

• SKS Expert
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 07:24:57 PM »
At Black Bear Arms

Pricey @ $375, but hey... it's just $ - a few years ago Samco did have these for about $200

... but that was A FEW years ago!

I picked up an unissued one back in the day (around $200 if I remember correctly).  The neat thing was the logbook as it listed all the shots.  These were not brand new/unfired (there were test shots, as listed in the log books), but they were not beat up in actual use.

Another neat thing is how thick the stock is on my U-series compared to the older (issued and refurbed) SKSs.  You can really tell how much the older rifles were sanded down when you feel them in your hands.

I have other Yugo SKSs for shooters, the "unissued" one I am keeping and not using.

Sirex

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 08:18:34 PM »
When I got my M59/66A1 SKS, it was listed as "unissued" . Hearing about the slam fire issues, and being my first "real" rifle other than my .22, I took it to a very reputable gunsmith and had him clean and inspect it. He was actually very impressed with the condition, and said until he got it it was very likely unissued due to the condition. Then he test fired it and popped it's x39 cherry. So, they are out there. I am going to be gentle with the SKS and use my Saiga as my use and abuse project gun, and baby the SKS. The Yugo 66A1 is quite a bit heavier than the Norincos but I use a bench and bought a bi-pod so once rested shouldn't make that much difference. If you can get a unissued SKS get one, and check the gas tube and ports for corrosion. Fortunately mine had 0% corrosion, but I did buy some Yugo ammo as a nice desert after she's eaten all her Wolf and Silver Bear. Mine came with all the cleaning stuff, but not the log book, unless I misplaced it without seeing it.