Author Topic: SKS Bullpups Have You Found A Good One  (Read 5347 times)

mordaal

• SKS Expert
SKS Bullpups Have You Found A Good One
« on: February 24, 2011, 08:01:04 PM »
Was wondering if any of you guys have found what you consider a good SKS Bullpup kit. I have one I personally like and YES I will post pics.

As I am sure you can tell this one is built using a Yugo, I
 am still trying to decide if I am going to camo it or do a solid color.
 :)

Scratch

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
    • Edgemetalworks.net
Re: SKS Bullpups Have You Found A Good One
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 08:17:57 PM »
Is that CRBS?

mordaal

• SKS Expert
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 09:18:22 PM »
Yes it is a modified CRBS unit. I got rid of the Plastic shell deflector that was hinged and replaced it with a fixed steel shell deflector.

Scratch

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
    • Edgemetalworks.net
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 09:36:29 PM »
Nice.  How long did it take to get your order?

mordaal

• SKS Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 09:56:37 PM »
3 months, but it was worth it. I ordered a few more kits about 2 weeks ago so I otta get em in about 3 years. LOL

FatBuddhaBoo

• SKS Marksman
    • Gator Ventures
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 02:37:04 PM »
3 months is better than the 6 months S&G Works told me it would be if I ordered their bullpup kit.  I had not looked at the CBRPS stock until a few minutes ago, and I do kinda like the SKS Yugo Spike version.  http://www.cbrps.com/Products.html

Plus it's a much better price than HiTech Bullpup conversion kit.  http://www.rifletech.com/bullpup.htm

Oh well, things to ponder while I await my next SKS purchase.

mordaal

• SKS Expert
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 02:42:23 PM »
The units I am currently waiting on are the Yugo spikes with the magazine adaptor. I am planning on selling them already installed with a Yugo or Norinco SKS but would consider selling a kit if someone wanted one. PM me if your interested.

Treeweasel

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • My mistake, four coffins.
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 02:43:57 PM »
Yup, LKermit has a couple of them... still want...
"You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig." - Blondie

mordaal

• SKS Expert
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 04:51:32 PM »
I have been gathering material to reverse engineer the CBRS Bullpup kit with a few modifications.My work shop in  my barn is setup and ready to go, I will post pics as the project progresses.

atlas762

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 07:50:46 PM »
http://www.cbrps.com/publishImages/Products~~element322.jpg
the mosin nagant stock catches my eye more than the sks stock. make an already beautiful rifle into a formidible sniper rifle, as it was considered in ww2.
beauty and the beast- 53 russian and 72 yugo

mordaal

• SKS Expert
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 05:21:30 PM »
Yeah, it caught my eye too, in fact I have one and put it together recently. Don't have any photos of it , however I will try to remember to take some later today and post them.

1mlt

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • No place but TEXAS
    • TheSKSmagAdapter, LLC
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 06:42:24 PM »
The units I am currently waiting on are the Yugo spikes with the magazine adaptor. I am planning on selling them already installed with a Yugo or Norinco SKS but would consider selling a kit if someone wanted one. PM me if your interested.

Which mag adapter are you using? Theirs or mine? I'd like to get a close up look at theirs if you have one. You may like mine better. Take a look at it www.thesksmagadapter.com. I'm working on one that will fit the Shernic but it will work on your stock also. It eliminates the rock-n-lock. It loads straight up and in and has a release lever on it. The mod is 5 mins on the mag and 5 mins to install the adapter.
Marcus
There is but one language and that is the English language. Teddy R., 1907
Duck-bill-less mag adapters for the SKS are located at
www.thesksmagadapter.com

ARTONY92

• SKS Guru
  • Barrel Shroud- That shoulder thing that goes up
    • Youtube
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 06:43:56 PM »

Which mag adapter are you using? Theirs or mine? I'd like to get a close up look at theirs if you have one. You may like mine better. Take a look at it www.thesksmagadapter.com. I'm working on one that will fit the Shernic but it will work on your stock also. It eliminates the rock-n-lock. It loads straight up and in and has a release lever on it. The mod is 5 mins on the mag and 5 mins to install the adapter.
Marcus
just stick the mag straight in? that sounds really neat, would it work on a normal SKS or is that adaptor feature exclusive to the bulpups?

1mlt

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • No place but TEXAS
    • TheSKSmagAdapter, LLC
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 11:27:46 PM »

Marcus
just stick the mag straight in? that sounds really neat, would it work on a normal SKS or is that adaptor feature exclusive to the bulpups?

It works on any non AK mag taking SKS.
Marcus
There is but one language and that is the English language. Teddy R., 1907
Duck-bill-less mag adapters for the SKS are located at
www.thesksmagadapter.com

mordaal

• SKS Expert
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 11:17:03 AM »

Marcus
Actually I am not using an adapter on my bullpup that I left pics of. I did order adapters for the new units I ordered but would be interested in seeing yours. PM me with pics and a price please.
And here are a couple pics of my Mosin Nagant bullpup.