Author Topic: Who knows about a maverick 9mm?  (Read 1687 times)

sportsbud

• SKS Marksman
  • The bigger the bang the more fun it is.
Who knows about a maverick 9mm?
« on: March 17, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »
I may be getting a Maverick JS 9mm, I am wondering who knows anything about this? I know that this is a similar design to a hi-point but is an older one. I am wondering who has experience with these pistols, ad does hi-point honor the warranty? I have heard some mixed review I would love to hear from someone who has owned/fired one.
New shooter at trap range " Its not working!"
Me " Check the safety"  BOOM!!!
Shooter "Its working now...!"

Gilli-San

• Life Member
  • SKS Expert
Re: Who knows about a maverick 9mm?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:36:10 PM »
I have a Stallard JS which is an early Hi Point haven't heard of Maverick as an early version but I know they also

went by Haskell and I think Iberia. They are big heavy solid guns. Next to no recoil because of the massive slide.

Hi Point does not warranty them but they service them and carry parts. When I first bought mine it came with

only one magazine, I called them and they said they didn't have any in stock but they would make them for me

the next day. Good people at Hi Point. I wouldn't pay much more than $100 for a like new one. 

sportsbud

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 02:53:08 PM »
I have a Stallard JS which is an early Hi Point haven't heard of Maverick as an early version but I know they also

went by Haskell and I think Iberia. They are big heavy solid guns. Next to no recoil because of the massive slide.

Hi Point does not warranty them but they service them and carry parts. When I first bought mine it came with

only one magazine, I called them and they said they didn't have any in stock but they would make them for me

the next day. Good people at Hi Point. I wouldn't pay much more than $100 for a like new one. 

Thank you how reliable are they? I a probably going to paying 100 for it so I am good there, are you sure they don't warranty them? I have heard mixed bags about that. and how much does a spare mag cost as it only comes with one also....( I tried to contact about the warranty but I have had no response as of yet.)

Gilli-San

• Life Member
  • SKS Expert
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »
Mixed reviews on early models. Mine runs perfect and I haven't had any problems. Magazines are $15 plus $5 for shipping. The Bryco Jennings Jimenez board has a good Hi Point Forum and you can find answers there. Martin is a mod as well as Farmkid and everyone's very nice.   

http://www.bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=32

Dentoro

• SKS Expert
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 10:20:45 PM »
Are any of these companies realted to Lorcin?  I had one of those one time..........that was enough for me.
"We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union. "

sportsbud

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 10:33:48 PM »
Maybe I don't know about the history, American firearms seem to have so many manufactures I have never heard of that I am really confused... :?: