Author Topic: SG Bullpup  (Read 1742 times)

rockman42

• SKS Marksman
SG Bullpup
« on: April 21, 2011, 04:59:33 PM »
Thought I would share some pics of the bullpup, got a quick release mount for the eotech and a new set of back up Irons.

sks winger

• SKS Gunsmith
Re: SG Bullpup
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 08:38:37 PM »
I like it 8)
Not on Our Watch
OATHKEEPERS.ORG

Scratch

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
    • Edgemetalworks.net
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:16:04 PM »
Looks great!

renegadecow

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:09:21 PM »
I like it. Just a couple things though. Your AR-style front sight is on backwards, but doesn't really matter as it works just the same either way. The other is do you really need the optics to sit that high? You could do away with the QD mount and have the optics co-witness with the irons. If your optics fail you for whatever reason, you can still see through them and aim with the irons.

Unforgiven

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 09:57:58 AM »
looks good,......you useing the marcus mag adapter?

Lafayettegregory

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »
Looks good.
Has anyone attatched one to a sks "M"?

Prince50

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
    • www.bulletbutton.com
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 01:12:49 PM »
GAWD, I hope a lefty never shoots that left handed by accident!

Nice looking though.

Darin
The collector formerly known as Prince From Sunny SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA www.bulletbutton.com

1mlt

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • No place but TEXAS
    • TheSKSmagAdapter, LLC
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 01:30:38 PM »
looks good,......you useing the marcus mag adapter?

I don't think so. Wish he was.
Marcus
There is but one language and that is the English language. Teddy R., 1907
Duck-bill-less mag adapters for the SKS are located at
www.thesksmagadapter.com

rockman42

• SKS Marksman
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 05:08:36 PM »
Thanks guys! I knew I had the front sight on backwards, I think it looks better that way  8). I had this setup cowitness before, It worked out very well for the most part.  But I decided to use the QD base for comfort while I shoot. It raised the Eotech 1/2 inch so my head is in a more comfy upright position. I dont use the Marcus adapter  :cry: but I have thought about it. I think I remember reading Marcus had one that works on the SG bullpup now. Next project perhaps  8) Which adapter did you say works with the bullpup Marcus? Any difficulty installing?

1mlt

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • No place but TEXAS
    • TheSKSmagAdapter, LLC
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 05:22:13 PM »
Thanks guys! I knew I had the front sight on backwards, I think it looks better that way  8). I had this setup cowitness before, It worked out very well for the most part.  But I decided to use the QD base for comfort while I shoot. It raised the Eotech 1/2 inch so my head is in a more comfy upright position. I dont use the Marcus adapter  :cry: but I have thought about it. I think I remember reading Marcus had one that works on the SG bullpup now. Next project perhaps  8) Which adater did you say works with the bullpup Marcus? Any difficulty intalling?

The G3/1 will work. But you can't use the locking piece. You have to use the old style cross pin to hold it on. NO ROOM in the stock for the currently designed locking piece. I finally have the new G5/1 proto type bodies. I need to finish putting them together and do the final tests. The locking piece still has to be redesigned because of the "barrel support" washers in the Shernic stock. I have the new locking piece design on paper, but haven't tried it yet. Nick is sending me a stock body to work with. It isn't here yet. If all goes well, one of the proto types will go to Prince50 for manufacturing into a retail model for sale. They will probably be 89.95 each. They will come with the 3 support washers, the body including the release lever mounted, the spring loaded "piston" to hold/release the mag mounted in place, the attaching hardware, the locking piece, anodized black and the wrenches to put it on. Shouldn't take more the 5-10 mins to attach.
Marcus
www.thesksmagadapter.com

sksless

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 10:29:33 AM »
Looks good.
Has anyone attached one to a sks "M"?

There Are Pictures Of One attached to a "M" On there Website Under Feedback/or testimonials .. The Stock Or Gun Needs to be modified for it to work

1mlt

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • No place but TEXAS
    • TheSKSmagAdapter, LLC
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 11:51:10 AM »
I've resolved the issue of the G5 adapter and the Shernic BP. It has a locking piece now. No need to cross drill your stock.
Marcus
www.thesksmagadapter.com