Author Topic: Center Balance vs. Shernic Bullpup  (Read 3417 times)

blua_hammer

• SKS Marksman
Center Balance vs. Shernic Bullpup
« on: May 01, 2011, 02:59:43 PM »
Which do you think is better & why
http://www.cbrps.com/Products.html
http://www.sgworks.com
I have searched for side by side comparisons but I can't find any on the web.
I like the looks & function of what I've seen of the cbrps sporter & tac better then that of the shernic.
their price & production time is pretty close now. quality ????
I want to get a functional aesthetic bullpup for 1 of my sks's "I don't count the ugly dc bullpup, I can make that one myself from a drag stock"
What's your input???
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 03:14:19 PM by blua_hammer »
I've been a collector since 1986, My 1st center-fire rifle was my sks navy arms paratrooper in 1988.
I'm a certified gunsmith.
 N.A Paratrooper, N.A Farmers Friend uses AK mags, N.A Type 84,? Type 56 spiker, Tula, Alban, Romy, Yugo 59/66. Need DDR, N.Kore

Unforgiven

• SKS Sniper
Re: Center Balance vs. Shernic Bullpup
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 10:12:01 AM »
I respect both companies for jumping on this with a rocky economy.  I like the way both looks, I heard CB's first productions was alittle rough around the edges, most of their stocks are milled out of UHMW(hard plastic) where the labor is more that drives up the cost.  Shernic is a injection mold so cost should not be as much. I don't know off hand what the cost of each is $200?? around about? If you like both I'd have to research weight, the MOA on each,.......balance,......
I never did like how CB mounted sights, I see they have gone with a rear sight base mount on one of their models.

I'd say what ever you are comfortable with.

Booming Sooner

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 09:44:57 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZI4dVznb38
I would check out that review of the Center Balance system...Having to reset the trigger after every shot seems to be a big 'nitpick' to me.  That and the gun started falling apart...
If the busses can't run on time, why can you carry a gun?

1mlt

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • No place but TEXAS
    • TheSKSmagAdapter, LLC
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 03:34:50 PM »
What you should do is check out my G3 and G5 mag adapter system. It will work on ANY duckbill accepting SKS. Gets rid of the duckbill, uses ANY aftermarket stock. Was designed for the Shernic stock specifically, but works with the rifle, not the stock, like the Center Balance system does. And way cheaper. See the G5/0 in the Marcus Mag Adapter section of these boards.
Marcus
There is but one language and that is the English language. Teddy R., 1907
Duck-bill-less mag adapters for the SKS are located at
www.thesksmagadapter.com

BatBoy2 75

• I'm So Friggin Super Awesome
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 08:48:20 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZI4dVznb38
I would check out that review of the Center Balance system...Having to reset the trigger after every shot seems to be a big 'nitpick' to me.  That and the gun started falling apart...

Just doing a check of the internet has video of CB systems SKS trigger working just fine. Either that kid has an early model, the videos on youtube are of an unreleased prototype or he did something wrong.

Still too expensive compared to the Shernic
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

sks winger

• SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »
Shernic, that other one looks like its got a bunch of crap on it covering stuff up.  Shernic is just the basics.
Not on Our Watch
OATHKEEPERS.ORG