Author Topic: SKS with 4 chinese symbols? without a triangle symbol  (Read 2832 times)

Loose Screws

• SKS Newbie
SKS with 4 chinese symbols? without a triangle symbol
« on: January 23, 2006, 07:40:46 PM »
My father in laws sks in a Norinco.  From L to R it reads: cDP XXXX then 240027XX.  It also says that it was imported from Ontario, CA.  I tried all of the usual links for info on this gun and am a little stumped b/c I have not seen 4 chinese charaters before.  The first three chinese characters are for the model 56 but the last is unknown.  He bought this gun in 92 in the original wooden crate.
thanks

soulstar2100

• SKS Expert
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 02:48:56 AM »
Post a picture of the fourth symbol, I can read a li'l chinese. I'm a bit rusty but I may recognize it.  8)

Loose Screws

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 08:50:10 AM »
I would but the gun is not at hand and my father in law is out of town on business.  I will have him take a photo of it as soon as he returns.

Fragger

• Global Moderator
  • SKS Guru
  • _______ BRH _______
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 05:02:47 PM »
Interesting with the 4 ideograms but the Ontario CA is Ontario California.
Masque of the Red Death For Now I Have Survived and yet the Black Room is Just Down the Hall

racer32

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Sniper
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 07:17:01 PM »
I seem to recall reading somewhere about the DP rifles being part of a government contract the Chinese had to build rifles for Pakistan. Maybe Archivist Dick or Yooperj will chime in here.  I have seen a either a DP or DB marked Chinese before, but I don't remember ANY Chinese writing on it.
Welcome to Chinese Restaurant.
please try your Nice Chinese Food With Chopsticks the traditional and typical of Chinese glorious history. and cultural
BAMBOO CHOPSTICKS
PRODUCT OF CHINA