Author Topic: 7.62x54r in Ottawa Ontario  (Read 681 times)

Beermaker

• SKS Sniper
7.62x54r in Ottawa Ontario
« on: July 22, 2011, 02:26:55 PM »
Hello fellow members.
I know there has to be a few of us in the Ottawa area.
I am hoping that someone out there wants to get some surplus 7.62x54r ammo but doesn't
want a full case just half.  If there is anyone that wants to go halves on a full case please send me a PM.
It's about $300.00 a case perhaps with 13% HST on top so half of that.

Ken
Stress - The result of having to control the urge and not choke the S*&% out of someone who desperately needs it.

ranger1968

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • SKS Guru
Re: 7.62x54r in Ottawa Ontario
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 03:06:16 PM »
 Beermaker, how many rounds is a "case" of x54 for you guys, and how is it coming? (the grey tin boxes, the metal spam/tuna cans, etc)..... :?

I know that here in the States, with a few exception's we are getting our 54 almost exclusively in green metal "spam" cans of 440 rounds; a "case" is considered to be two of those cans, or 880 rounds....
Proudly making the world a safer place, one dirtbag at a time....

Beermaker

• SKS Sniper
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 03:24:56 PM »
Same stuff.  Comes from Marstar but via the local gunsmith we avoid shipping charges.
He does it as a service for his customers.
http://www.marstar.ca/ammo-etc/am-surplus.shtm
http://www.marstar.ca/ammo-etc/images/ASC54C4-Splash-L.jpg

Hopefully it is copper washed steel as pictured instead of lacquered but I will take either.

Ken
Stress - The result of having to control the urge and not choke the S*&% out of someone who desperately needs it.

ranger1968

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 03:34:03 PM »
 The Russian Spam can stuff is what we mostly see theses days; the stuff you linked in the top link, it looks like this Polish stuff we were getting for a while, on the strippers; it was nice, and it's good to have the strippers.

The Russian 147 in the can is pretty decent; the Mosins, which will eat anything, like it , and the PSL shoots it very well indeed.

The reason I was asking what a case was in the Canadian market was the price I saw -$300- ; I know we are getting the case lots of the  Russian- 880 rounds in two cans with the opener- for around $150- $160 US; the Polish , when it was still available, was around $70 for the 300 round tin....

I was trying to figure out how much different the two price ranges were between the USA and Canada; I know that the SKS rifles are dirt cheap, while the Mosins seem to be a little more expensive, but I had no idea how ammo prices compared.

Proudly making the world a safer place, one dirtbag at a time....