Author Topic: Tokarev trigger job?  (Read 1908 times)

m11925th

• SKS Plinker
Tokarev trigger job?
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:44:08 PM »
I just took my Yugo M57 to the range today to shoot it for the first time. I started at 15yds and fired a magazine of Yugo surplus (1986) and looked at my target. :shock: Every one of the hits was at the extreme low left about 10" from point of aim in about a 5" group. :shock: :shock: This pistol is apparently unissued and looks and feels brand new. The trigger is very rough and requires a a REAL good squeeze to fire. Is there a way to slick it up or does it need to wear in?

Zer0DazE

• SKS Gunsmith
  • I will deport you
Re: Tokarev trigger job?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 10:48:38 PM »
Mine was the same way.

Tweak the trigger spring and take the trigger group apart and polish hte contact surfaces.  I swear my trigger pull went from "omg is this thing broken?" to...  "hey, that feels pretty good".

ranger1968

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 05:18:51 AM »
 We actually did a thread on this just a little while back;

Here it is, hope it helps.....

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=87330.0
Proudly making the world a safer place, one dirtbag at a time....

rcbif

• Professional Somethin or Other
  • Board Supporter
  • SKS Guru
  • Lock "N" Load
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 03:52:56 PM »
Have you tried removing your mag disconnect? My yugo tok's trigger is pretty nice, but I've heard removing the mag disc helps. 

MakarovingCharges

• SKS Guru
  • Makarov: The OTHER CCW choice
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 02:15:37 PM »
Welcome to the world of the high velocity pistol round. Typically I hear people tweak the springs and/or do some the aforementioned maintenance with good results. Also ... discipline yourself to not anticipate the recoil. Failing that adjust aim to compensate for the flinch factor. Its no embarrasment to admit you do it. But once you lick the problem you'll be much happier for it. I have to admit I'm only halfway there myself. It takes practice and discipline. The discipline part is easier because it doesn't involve range fees unlike the practice part. Good luck!
Well, it's official. All three of the branches of the Federal Government are using the constitution as if it were TP. RIP Freedom and freewill the old republic has been replaced by a very potent kleptocracy. We're getting what we deserve, I guess.