Author Topic: Replacement SKS gas tube for sale anywhere?  (Read 2506 times)

MetalHead247365

• SKS Newbie
Replacement SKS gas tube for sale anywhere?
« on: September 22, 2011, 12:00:34 PM »
Hi everyone.

As you all [or a few of you] know, I recently purchased my first SKS. It's a Norinco and it's been used, but it's in good condition overall, except for the gas tube. It's got SERIOUS pitting.

I'm curious as to whether anyone here knows of a place online that sells "stock" SKS gas tubes to replace the one on my Chinese. I hate all that Crapco "tactical" scope mount railed nonsense. I just can't seem to find a place that sells replacement gas tubes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Old Outlaw

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
Re: Replacement SKS gas tube for sale anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 07:57:31 PM »
Call this outfit. At times they have used ones for $20.00 and new for $30 or $35. Sometimes they are out, other times not. I bought a new one
a few weeks back and it is a darker wood that would work on Chinese, Yugo, etc. without a hand guard change. But, the link may not even
show them.Most of these are sold through Shotgun News. I had to call them to find out one was actually in stock. Website usually either do not list these or say
out of stock.You must call them to actually find out it seems.

J.A.B.M.

• Board Supporter
  • SKS Gunsmith
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 08:22:11 PM »
Call this outfit. At times they have used ones for $20.00 and new for $30 or $35. Sometimes they are out, other times not. I bought a new one
a few weeks back and it is a darker wood that would work on Chinese, Yugo, etc. without a hand guard change. But, the link may not even
show them.Most of these are sold through Shotgun News. I had to call them to find out one was actually in stock. Website usually either do not list these or say
Not only did the link not show it the link didn't show :lol:
Happiness is a direction not a destination.      Fortune Cookie

Old Outlaw

• Life Member
  • SKS Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 08:42:31 PM »
Darn, I always seem to forget the bloody link!

http://e-sarcoinc.com/

MetalHead247365

• SKS Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »

:shock:

I love you. Thank you so very much, oh wise one. Gonna give them a call tonight.